PS4 - GT Sport - Best budget step up from G29

Australia
Straya
Hi all.

I've been using a G29 for the last couple of years but I'm really getting annoyed with the dead spot in the centre of the wheel. It feels to me like it's getting bigger. Or it's because my driving has improved that I feel it more now.

So I'm thinking of the next step up.... Budget is my main issue. I can't really spend thousands of AU$ on something so looking at keeping it around the $1000 mark .

What would you recommend? I'm guessing a wheel which is belt driven...
The Fanatec CSL Elite perhaps? It's under $1000 but nowhere in stock at the mo. Also I don't think it comes with pedals - can't imagine the G29 pedals will be compatible?

I've not got any problem going all in with Fanatec, it just depends how much it's going to cost.... If pedals and wheel (+rim) are going to be $800 EACH then that's going to be a prob at the mo. If it's really the way to go then I'll save and the grab bits over time.

Are there Thrustmaster options anyone would recommend? Is the T300 going to feel better (ie no dead spot) than the G29?

This is ONLY going to be used on PS4 on GT Sport for now. I don't have any intention of PC sim racing at this stage.

Thanks in advance, stay safe etc during these crazy times.

CSL Elite > T300 > G29
The CSL Elite is the best but as you mentioned not available, yet. The F1 PS4 kit comes with everything. Save up for that. But it is expensive compared to a T300 kit. To bad you can't get the PS4 elite standard kit in AUS.

Given PS5 is just around the corner, I'd wait until manufacturers are able to confirm which of their wheels will be supported on PS5. It would be a shame to splash a load of money on a wheel only to find it unsupported by GT7 or Project Cars 3 etc on PS5.

As for current wheels. T300 does feel a good deal better than a G29 but one look at the T300 reliability thread in these forums will put you right off. I have a T300 myself but due to how shoddily they are put together (cooling is woeful for example) I would never recommend one.

Thanks for your replies.
That's a good point about the PS5. I was annoyed when I was able to officially use my DFGT when GTS first came out.

Back