PS4: I Have a Problem With My SA Rating

• Thread starter TT92
  • 11 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
Long story short (see pic below) my SA rating has plummeted to 13 :-( Explanation is after doing all 3 career modes to get my platinum trophy I was less than careful in doing so. When I started it was over 75 and I do know how to get it back up BUT it is now not working. Despite all the efforts it will not budge.

Every other slider responds to how I am currently racing/driving but not SA.

To inject some spice back into this game I now want to tackle some online stuff but can't join most rooms or even if I wanted to I would be too embarrassed to do so because I am not a dirty driver where humans are involved.

So any ideas on how to raise the SA? My current tactics is to race the AI on moderately easy at Paul Ricard and spend as much time as possible next to them without touching (proximity indicator in the red) and then in braking zones very close behind them, again without touching. Previously this system would raise SA by 1 or 2 points per 5 lap race. Even doing 10-12 lap races it has no effect now. (see graph in pic with green bars after all the red ones which was the career)

My current theory is my SA has plummeted sooooo far I will need to spend the same amount of time and effort to get it back up as it took me to drop it :-( If that is the case I may as well wipe my saved data and restart the game or just race on my other account.

Any suggestions?

SA bad.jpg

Long story short (see pic below) my SA rating has plummeted to 13 :-( Explanation is after doing all 3 career modes to get my platinum trophy I was less than careful in doing so. When I started it was over 75 and I do know how to get it back up BUT it is now not working. Despite all the efforts it will not budge.

Every other slider responds to how I am currently racing/driving but not SA.

To inject some spice back into this game I now want to tackle some online stuff but can't join most rooms or even if I wanted to I would be too embarrassed to do so because I am not a dirty driver where humans are involved.

So any ideas on how to raise the SA? My current tactics is to race the AI on moderately easy at Paul Ricard and spend as much time as possible next to them without touching (proximity indicator in the red) and then in braking zones very close behind them, again without touching. Previously this system would raise SA by 1 or 2 points per 5 lap race. Even doing 10-12 lap races it has no effect now. (see graph in pic with green bars after all the red ones which was the career)

My current theory is my SA has plummeted sooooo far I will need to spend the same amount of time and effort to get it back up as it took me to drop it :-( If that is the case I may as well wipe my saved data and restart the game or just race on my other account.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 1016431
I've been told you can speed up the process by racing against the AI at night and/or during wet weather races as well. Just single player races. No need to redo the career or championship modes.

Personally, my SA increased while racing online. When I finished career mode this time last year it was around 50. I took an 8-10 month break to play other racing titles and just came back to ACC two months ago. Now, it's up to 88.

I've been told you can speed up the process by racing against the AI at night and/or during wet weather races as well. Just single player races. No need to redo the career or championship modes.

Personally, my SA increased while racing online. When I finished career mode this time last year it was around 50. I took an 8-10 month break to play other racing titles and just came back to ACC two months ago. Now, it's up to 88.

I forgot about that. Does anyone know *IF* wet night races generate more SA? Worth a test IMHO ;-)

I forgot about that. Does anyone know *IF* wet night races generate more SA? Worth a test IMHO ;-)
It's a good question, haven't tested it personally. I feel like it's a no but could go either way seen as how track medals are impacted by night.

Behind SA there are trust and OBP ratings, and I feel like they have probably taken a huge hit considering your SA is 13.

I think you can get back to a proper rating but you could have a long road ahead of you.

I watched Kie25 do just this. He was getting good results. This was when ACC first released on PS4. I think the important part is to race close and clean. No need to try and win. Just make smart choices and finish.

Thanks for all the responses.

Just to update you there is no change in my SA rating. Still plugging along with lots of nice, very safe races and the rating will NOT budge :-(

Is online an option for you? SA increases rapidly there even compared to night/wet races.

Very few races are available with such a low SA and the ones that are usually have a very high Ping.

Also, as I said in my original post I am a bit embarrassed to race humans with the way it is :-(

The last thing I need right now is to go online with a high ping and start having lag problems as well.

Yes of course, didn’t think of that. As it’s based on averages, it will take a fair while to get it increasing again, but once it starts, it should go up relatively quickly. Other option is if you don’t race online much anyway, just turn the darn rating system off and enjoy the game.

Yes of course, didn’t think of that. As it’s based on averages, it will take a fair while to get it increasing again, but once it starts, it should go up relatively quickly. Other option is if you don’t race online much anyway, just turn the darn rating system off and enjoy the game.

Now that I have beaten the game (achieved the Platinum trophy) I was looking for a different way to enjoy the game e.g go online and try and find some good regulars to race with, hence I wanted to get my SA back to a respectable level and so try and find like minded/skilled/professional people to race with. Entering a lobby with an abysmal SA IMHO is not the way to start off a good relationship.

SA explained.

I just came across this explaining SA very well and it MAY be helpful to other people also.

https://felixdicit.com/no-the-sa-rating-isnt-broken/

This also explains why while "farming" SA my score actually dropped :-(

** A note to the mods, yes I know, a double post but because it is separate and (hopefully) useful information I thought this is the better way go if someone was to do a search and find it. IF I find any more articles on the topic I will edit this post to include them.

Back