(PS4 online GTP) Classic Grand Prix Series (working title)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
SotonSaint13
VOWCARTA (Virtual Open Wheel Championship Auto Racing Teams Association) Grand Prix World Championship

A few other PCars online series have popped up, but I've suggested this before with a few people interested. This thread can be used to sign up and a general overview of rules etc. So the basics:
-This is an online series on the PS4
-This will be a solely open wheel series using the classic cars in PCars
-I aim to run the races on either saturday/sunday evenings UK time, so daytime USA. I hope to avoid clashing with the other PS4 series already announced
-If someone would like to run an Xbox One equivalent I'm all for that
-The classic cars will change each season in order, a sort of sped up history of F1. The first season will use the Lotus 49, season 2 the Lotus 72, season 3 the Lotus 78 etc. No season will be based on a specific F1/Indycar season, but there'll be teams which feel appropriate for the era.
-Hopefully the season calendar will grow as more tracks not yet included (Mosport?, Macau? Indy etc) are released on DLC - in theory a nice evolution
-16 Cars per race; eight 2-car teams. Each team will be named after a real team appropriate of the period
-Each team will nominate between themselves a team principle. Whether this be one of the drivers, or someone different on the forum, I'd like to leave up to the discretion of the team. (the two drivers will agree between themselves how to manage the team) It will be their job to find replacement drivers if one team member cant make a race etc, and possibly do some hiring/firing if people agree to this. The idea of this is to encourage teamwork and make the teams' championship important. I'd suggest each team hiring at least one reserve driver.
-Each driver will have a proper driver name aswell as their PSN name.
-I'll create a small website for the series so seeing results, schedules etc is easy
I'd like to avoid lengthy decisions by vote where possible in the aim of efficiency, but suggestions will be welcome, heard, and listened too, and votes made where called for

Sign up deadline: As soon as the 16 slots are full. Reserve + substitute drivers etc can ofcourse be signed any time

Unless there's great argument against this idea, I'd like to use real driver names for each driver. I've tried to put drivers in positions as realistic as possible. Here is what I have:

The teams then:
Brabham Repco (AUS)
1. Jack Brabham (AUS)
2. John Love (RHO) - vowcartaGP (SOTONsaint13)

Mclaren Ford (NZE)
3. Bruce Mclaren (NZE)
4. Denny Hulme (NZE)

Lotus Ford (GBR)
5. Jim Clark (GBR)
6. Graham Hill (GBR)

Scuderia Ferrari (ITA)
7. Pedro Rodriguez (MEX)
8. Mario Andretti (USA)

Matra Simca (FRA)
9. Jackie Stewart (GBR)
10. Jean-Pierre Beltoise (FRA)

Team Porsche (GER)
11. A.J. Foyt (USA)
12. Jochen Rindt (AUT)

Honda Racing (JPN)
13. John Surtees (GBR)
14. Richie Ginther (USA)

Eagle Weslake (USA)
15. Dan Gurney (USA)
16. Jackie Ickx (BEL)

all drivers to use the Lotus 49 and teams to select a suitable team livery

Reserve drivers can choose their driver name from reality or make it up as they like. So, if you'd like to sign up, just pick a team and driver name, and give me your PSN name.

Season 1 races:
1. British Grand Prix (Silverstone) - 30 May - 18:00 BST (Provisional)
2. Belgian Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps)
3. Spanish Grand Prix (Catalunya)
4. Monaco Grand Prix (Monte Carlo)
5. French Grand Prix (Le Mans)
6. German Grand Prix (Nurburgring Nordschliefe)
7. Italian Grand Prix (Monza)
8. European Grand Prix (Brands Hatch)
9. United States GP East (Watkins Glen)
10. United States GP West (Laguna Seca)
11. Japanese Grand Prix (Sakkito)
12. Australian Grand Prix (Bathurst)

I'll compile an extensive list of regulations, but for now here are the bare bones:

2nd - 6
3rd - 4
4th - 3
5th - 2
6th - 1

All scores count

Qualifying: 10-20 minute session (depending on PCars options)
Race: 60-80km (Longer tracks up to 100km*)

*ergo: Monaco: 20 laps, Nurburgring 5 laps etc

-Usual sporting regulations will apply regarding collisions etc
-Incident report system to race director/series manager/stewards
-Anyone wanting to be stewards please say so
-disconnects are disconnects, sorry
-Most of the regulations for balance of performance, driver aids etc will be decided upon after sufficient testing after them games' release

Suggestions welcome, I'll add to this thread as time goes on, hope to see you all on track!

Last edited:
Back