• Thread starter TT92
  • 29 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
Alternate title “Why We Need Private Lobbies and They Can’t Come Soon Enough”

This is not meant to be deadly serious. I thought I would throw the subject around so we could vent some frustration with the current lobby system. So let’s keep it in good humour and poke some fun while we are at it

Here are my pet hates (in no particular order as I hate all of them equally)

People spamming the kick button – yeah we get it, you feel hurt by someone, get over it! I personally hit the tick button all the time now and agree just so the spamming stops. If we all did this it would make online a lot better.

Further to this, still spamming the kick button even though the guy has already left!

People spamming the reset session button. I just don’t get this one at all. So you join the session late (which you did know before you joined the lobby) and don’t want to start rear of field. Good chance you won’t get into a pile up at turn 1, unless it is you that causes it ;-) Or there was a pile up at turn 1 and you want to re-start the race again so you can have another go. Either way I just don’t get it. Get over it or rage quit.

People quitting because they can’t win – Field of 16 and I have only gotten to lap 6 of a 10 lap race and everyone has given up, even the guy still spamming the kick button ;-)

Lapped people that want to race you or worse still smash you off the track because you want to overtake them. I even had someone pull off track and wait for me the next lap around so he could ram me – he missed though ;-)

People that have no idea what a rear view mirror is for and have *ZERO* spatial awareness. Not only applies to overtaking but how many times have you been smashed because some idiot entered the track right in front of you?

Generally bad sportsmanship, even amongst people that “appear” to be able to drive. I had an epic 10 lap battle at Monza in GT3s, I never touched the other guy once, always left him room and last turn back onto the start/finish straight I lined him up, he covered the inside and I sailed around the outside only for him to change direction and push me off the track. Yeah, like we’re playing for World Championships here. There are so many more instances like this but you get the gist. Zakspeed even put a video up about the same issue he had like this.

Lag. Yep, some people have it bad – ‘nuff said.

Cheating – someone suddenly goes 10 seconds a lap faster at Monza with the big corner cut at 1st chicane. Only to then ram me next lap at Mach 3 just as I leave the chicane properly. Sigh…….

Oh and I love (not) 9/10 events are at Red Bull Ring. Wow and one on the short circuit too ;-) Oh and if you do sick of RBR you can race GT3s at Spa, GT3s at Monza, GT3s at Nordschleife and, and ………. Nothing like variety eh?

Joining a lobby with 12 out of 16 so 4 places available only to find out all 12 cars are gone and you can’t get a drive. Like WTF Kunos who’s brainchild was this one?

Ill-defined track boundary penalties allowing people to “use more of the track than they really should”. ‘nuff said ;-)

Having NO idea how to drive on cold tyres – turn 1 on at ANY track and there is a pile up. I have started last of 16 and come out first at Spa!!! Like Wow, only because I have missed all the carnage. Then the spamming starts and everyone rage quits. Starting on cold tyres (I personally love the challenge) but the general population online can’t drive on them. Many of the above issues would be fixed if we started on warm tyres. BTW that instance I quoted at Spa I was then smashed at Eau Rouge that ended my race anyway >:-(

Who else has some pet hates? Or funny stories.

Edit: Online public lobby Race Theory 101 - You will win the race and beat everyone on the first corner, no matter what your start position is. Addendum to this is "the less skill one possess the the higher the belief in that this tactic will work".

Last edited:
@TT92

I agree with every damn word you say!

I can order them though by order of annoyance to me (equal numbers are equally annoying):

1-Joining a lobby with 12 out of 16 so 4 places available only to find out all 12 cars are gone and you can’t get a drive. Like WTF Kunos who’s brainchild was this one?

1-Oh and I love (not) 9/10 events are at Red Bull Ring. Wow and one on the short circuit too ;-) Oh and if you do sick of RBR you can race GT3s at Spa, GT3s at Monza, GT3s at Nordschleife and, and ………. Nothing like variety eh?

1-Generally bad sportsmanship, even amongst people that “appear” to be able to drive. I had an epic 10 lap battle at Monza in GT3s, I never touched the other guy once, always left him room and last turn back onto the start/finish straight I lined him up, he covered the inside and I sailed around the outside only for him to change direction and push me off the track. Yeah, like we’re playing for World Championships here. There are so many more instances like this but you get the gist. Zakspeed even put a video up about the same issue he had like this.

1-Cheating – someone suddenly goes 10 seconds a lap faster at Monza with the big corner cut at 1st chicane. Only to then ram me next lap at Mach 3 just as I leave the chicane properly. Sigh…….

2-People spamming the kick button – yeah we get it, you feel hurt by someone, get over it! I personally hit the tick button all the time now and agree just so the spamming stops. If we all did this it would make online a lot better.

Further to this, still spamming the kick button even though the guy has already left!

People spamming the reset session button. I just don’t get this one at all. So you join the session late (which you did know before you joined the lobby) and don’t want to start rear of field. Good chance you won’t get into a pile up at turn 1, unless it is you that causes it ;-) Or there was a pile up at turn 1 and you want to re-start the race again so you can have another go. Either way I just don’t get it. Get over it or rage quit.

2-Lag. Yep, some people have it bad – ‘nuff said.

2-Ill-defined track boundary penalties allowing people to “use more of the track than they really should”. ‘nuff said ;-)

Having NO idea how to drive on cold tyres – turn 1 on at ANY track and there is a pile up. I have started last of 16 and come out first at Spa!!! Like Wow, only because I have missed all the carnage. Then the spamming starts and everyone rage quits. Starting on cold tyres (I personally love the challenge) but the general population online can’t drive on them. Many of the above issues would be fixed if we started on warm tyres. BTW that instance I quoted at Spa I was then smashed at Eau Rouge that ended my race anyway >:-(

Bad sportsmanship is really annoying!
I'm like an average racer (at best) and when i see someone super fast getting me, I usually move away and let him pass because I really have 3 options in that case:
1- try to defend cleanly and i'll lose anyway.
2- try to ram him which is complete ******** and will ruin both of our races.
3- let him go and make everyone's life easier!
So I pick the last!

I think the "restart session " during a race annoys me more than the rammers. You crashed out, most likely because you partly caused the carnage, and you expect the guys who are battling out front to restart? Even after ignoring it the first 10 times? Bloody annoying as hell.

Last edited:
I have found the same frustrations, however, I have begun to get a bit pickier with whom I race online. Anytime I find or have a good clean race with a driver on track, an invite immediately goes out. Before long, you have a large number of clean racers on your friends list and when you get online, send out game alert invites to them. Some will come, some will not, but I have found some great racing by using this strategy.
If anyone is interested, there is a club named:
Snail Club Community of Assetto Corsa in the AC club and leagues thread.
SNAIL Racing Club Corral of Assetto Corsa-(PS4 console version)
Every driver on that list on the OP, I can attest to, are very clean and respectful racers. Check us out, and send a psn invite my way: II-NOVA-II.
You will find some good racing with us and some other racers that have proved tried and true. If your clean, we keep ya. Good luck to you and hope to see you online.

Last edited:
The lack of track car combinations is killing it for me. Theres only so much you can play Red Bull or Nordschleife.

A I mentioned.

I am yet to see *ANY* events at the new Black Cat County tracks. Or a Ford GT40, Shelby Cobra, Ferrari F40 etc events.

The online is basically the same as the career mode - unimaginative and as boring as watching paint dry ;-)

That's why i dont play online so much, sometimes i will check online out and see the lobbies that are full and just think " bunch of boring gits". GT3, GT3, GT3, Spa, RBR, Drifting, Tourist. Gets boring, all the good lobbies are empty.

No GT3 at Vallelunga or Zandvoort. :/

Used to be able to get Porsche Cayman GT4 at Vallelunga. It too is Red Bull.

No BMW M4 or Lotus 98T online either.

No GT3 at Vallelunga or Zandvoort. :/

Used to be able to get Porsche Cayman GT4 at Vallelunga. It too is Red Bull.

No BMW M4 or Lotus 98T online either.

There is GT3 at Zandvoort at the moment. It's not very popular so you may have to scroll through a few to find it or search on track.

Since the word "custom" has not been used by Kunos to describe the new private lobby system, I am getting this bad feeling that we will have the exact same online system we have now but with just one added feature that if you are the first person to join a room you can mark it "private" and make it invite only.

Am I wrong? has anyone seen anything from them about there being options or any sort of control over the lobbies besides making them private?

I really hope that I am wrong, but honestly you never know.. I mean we still don't have custom button mapping.

Since the word "custom" has not been used by Kunos to describe the new private lobby system, I am getting this bad feeling that we will have the exact same online system we have now but with just one added feature that if you are the first person to join a room you can mark it "private" and make it invite only.

Am I wrong? has anyone seen anything from them about there being options or any sort of control over the lobbies besides making them private?

I really hope that I am wrong, but honestly you never know.. I mean we still don't have custom button mapping.
This was my worry, but it's been made clear that isn't the case.

I'm not sure exactly but it may have been getting a rewrite. Probably why it has taken this long. There was so much information going about between the forums and twitter.

My suggestion.
While we wait for private rooms. Continue racing and take notes on who we're racing with.
Then get together with those we know and compare notes.

Project Cars 2 is working on a 'Driver's reputation system so our voices are being heard.

We just got to show some patience.

Kicked for inactivity would be a big game changer as there is so many crashes caused by people idling during race start & on laps after.
This would also make Nordschleife tourist servers much more lively, as now the parking area seems to be more interesting than the ring itself to most of the "parkers".

Here is a new trend I am starting to see. To avoid being wrecked at turn one so often I have been finding smaller lobbies with <5 people in them.

Over the weekend I have been kicked from a few of those lobbies. Apparently if you get pole in practice and beat the the local hero's lap time by a couple of seconds they will kick you (me).

The flip side to this is it beats starting lap 2 and there is no competition to be seen behind you :-( Oh and IF I slow down and wait for the pack to catch up and try and have a race that apparently is an invitation to be rammed >:-(

As per the other thread I started about "Something Has Got To Be Done" I am seeing these jumped starts happening a lot more too.

Sigh....... waiting for private lobbies is like waiting for Xmas.

I had a good one last night. Japanese at Nordschelife, grid started with 6 or 7 and it was just me and one guy by the end of lap 1. I spent the whole lap in 2nd chasing him, waiting for a big enough mistake to cruise past easily without having to get close because he seemed sketchy. He got a bad run out onto the Dottinger straight, I got a perfect one and was quickly cruising past him. And he rammed me. It's like, you do know that the moment I quit, your race is over, right? Bye moron.

Unless I'm with a group of friends for some planned racing, i barely bother trying to qualify, its more satisfying watching the chaos than trying to avoid it up front!

Yes, it can be quite entertaining watching the carnage. The only thing wrong with this tactic is that if anyone at the front manages to miss the carnage then they will disappear into the distance and win the race. So it boils down to why are you in public room. Do you want to win or just drive around for the fun of it?

Yes, it can be quite entertaining watching the carnage. The only thing wrong with this tactic is that if anyone at the front manages to miss the carnage then they will disappear into the distance and win the race. So it boils down to why are you in public room. Do you want to win or just drive around for the fun of it?

Reasons for being in a public lobby...
1.you never know who you might meet, I've come across many a good racer from random rooms.:cheers:
2. It's the only online option :dunce:
3. Once the initial carnage is out the way, you can sometimes end up with just those actually wanting to race. And then you have an idea of who to race with.:cool:
4. Until private lobby's arrive, I shall just take the public ones with a pinch of salt and focus on fun over ouright winning.:dopey:

I race for fun over seriousness, after all I'm not good enough to be top dog, and I remember the battles more so than the victory. :)

Of course having a great battle, AND winning at the end is the icing on the cake :sly:

Laters

Reasons for being in a public lobby...

2. It's the only online option :dunce:

Of course having a great battle, AND winning at the end is the icing on the cake :sly:

The real icing on the cake would be private lobbies open to the public. That is how I met all my current online friends.

Idiots get kicked out and good ones encouraged to stay and come back again.

GT5/6 gets a lot of deserved criticism but the way they have handled the online format has been great. If only Kunos could reproduce a similar environment.

The real icing on the cake would be private lobbies open to the public. That is how I met all my current online friends.

Yes, I wish people would say custom lobbies whenever they request private lobbies. Fair enough if people literally want private lobbies, but I think this should only be an option when customizing an otherwise public lobby. I hope Kunos understands this and can make it work.

Back