PS4 Open Lobby Series - Gauge of InterestDraft 

• Thread starter hobbsy
  • 16 comments
England
Warwick/UK
Nemesis-Reaper
Hey all,

With the wait for private lobbies looking like it will still be a while yet, I was thinking of organising some series races to fill the time.

There are not many of these being run yet (or at least not many in the Forums), so our choices are few and far between. Its understandable that people are waiting for the PL's but we should not let this stop us from enjoying the game, and finding some good racers along the way :cheers:

When I can I'll run in @WarriusZero 's Zero Cup, but this is a format based on "No Tuning" and I would quite like to try the opposite.

So my proposal is to run fixed format for several weeks using the choices made available to us. Now this can and does change, so some flexibility is going to be required if a series has a longer duration.

The Idea's I have are based on...

• Mixed Cup Car Championship (A mixed car series running the Abarth 500 AC, Mazda MX5 Cup, & Lotus Exige V6)(we could now add the Porsche Cayman GT4 to this!)
  • GT2 Class
  • GT3 Class
I am looking to run something on a Sunday night, starting somewhere around 9pm GMT and possibly up to midnight (this is availability not necessarily duration!). Also i'm not too sure about region locks, I am based in UK, and sure I've raced with people from different regions, but will confirm if there is a known restriction.

Within this window i'm thinking of three races at a different circuit each week.

Regarding the open lobby situation, I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve which will allow us to run a room with control over attendee's, so this will eliminate random Participant's. This will of course involve a starting procedure, and active participation from series members. All of which can be explained later.

I would also want to run it so that once you have chosen a car, this will be a fixed choice in all races for that series. Tuning will be allowed, and a points system will be set-up.

I appreciate that Christmas is just around the corner, so I think, for the run up to the new year it will just be testing and club building, and then look to start the first series in 2017.

So my question to you is... who's interested?

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just a like 👍 if you want, i'll then update with more details if there looks to be interest to move forward.

Cheers, hope to see you on track soon 👍

Hey all,

With the wait for private lobbies looking like it will still be a while yet, I was thinking of organising some series races to fill the time.

There are not many of these being run yet (or at least not many in the Forums), so our choices are few and far between. Its understandable that people are waiting for the PL's but we should not let this stop us from enjoying the game, and finding some good racers along the way :cheers:

When I can I'll run in @WarriusZero 's Zero Cup, but this is a format based on "No Tuning" and I would quite like to try the opposite.

So my proposal is to run fixed format for several weeks using the choices made available to us. Now this can and does change, so some flexibility is going to be required if a series has a longer duration.

The Idea's I have are based on...

• Mixed Cup Car Championship (A mixed car series running the Abarth 500 AC, Mazda MX5 Cup, & Lotus Exige V6)(we could now add the Porsche Cayman GT4 to this!)
  • GT2 Class
  • GT3 Class
I am looking to run something on a Sunday night, starting somewhere around 9pm GMT and possibly up to midnight (this is availability not necessarily duration!). Also i'm not too sure about region locks, I am based in UK, and sure I've raced with people from different regions, but will confirm if there is a known restriction.

Within this window i'm thinking of three races at a different circuit each week.

Regarding the open lobby situation, I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve which will allow us to run a room with control over attendee's, so this will eliminate random Participant's. This will of course involve a starting procedure, and active participation from series members. All of which can be explained later.

I would also want to run it so that once you have chosen a car, this will be a fixed choice in all races for that series. Tuning will be allowed, and a points system will be set-up.

I appreciate that Christmas is just around the corner, so I think, for the run up to the new year it will just be testing and club building, and then look to start the first series in 2017.

So my question to you is... who's interested?

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just a like 👍 if you want, i'll then update with more details if there looks to be interest to move forward.

Cheers, hope to see you on track soon 👍

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

Thanks for interest guys, I'm hoping to get a few more numbers and then try and start something in January.

Laters

I would be interested, problem is that 9pm your time, that is 11pm for me and on a Sunday night, no thanks got work on Mondays, good luck though, if you were to start around 6pm your time i would be able to join in,
Cheers

Have you given any thoughts on starting earlier mate?
i am really keen but the time difference is a killer

Have you given any thoughts on starting earlier mate?
i am really keen but the time difference is a killer

That's the problem I find my self in too. Family and home life mean that most of my free time is after 9pm (GMT) when I can make something earlier, it's few and far between.

Sorry dude, If I could, I would happily start earlier.

Is there another day which would work at a later time?

Man, another series that I am interested in, but the difference in timezones! 9pm gmt is like 4pm est here in Baltimore, and I'm in the same boat as you hobbsy with family until later in the night. If some of you are on late Saturdays or Sundays and see my psn:
II-NOVA-II, shoot me an invite. I would like to join in with you fellas any time I can. See you around.

Back