Ps4 or xbox one?

United States
United States
Hey what's going on guys?

I'm currently playing GTSport when i have some free time. The car physics do leave a lot to be desired for me. I just feel so disconnected especially after having test-driven over 20 cars (jaguar xf supercharged, ss camaros, 5.0 mustangs to a Subaru Br-Z). Some i've pushed to 8/10s, some i've spent about 45mins hooning around. So i have a little bit of experience under my belt ;)

Anyways i'm looking into getting PC2 pretty soon. Is the gaming experience better for you guys on PS4 or Xbox for you controller users? Im more inclined to get the xbox version because the trigger buttons felt more linear for throttle/braking compared to the DS4. Then the vibrations were MUCH stronger on Xbox when i played Forza 6 which was great for letting me know what the car was doing. Is this something that's replicated on either systems?

I'm currently playing GTSport when i have some free time. The car physics do leave a lot to be desired for me. I just feel so disconnected especially after having test-driven over 20 cars (jaguar xf supercharged, ss camaros, 5.0 mustangs to a Subaru Br-Z). Some i've pushed to 8/10s, some i've spent about 45mins hooning around. So i have a little bit of experience under my belt ;)

Anyways i'm looking into getting PC2 pretty soon. Is the gaming experience better for you guys on PS4 or Xbox for you controller users? Im more inclined to get the xbox version because the trigger buttons felt more linear for throttle/braking compared to the DS4. Then the vibrations were MUCH stronger on Xbox when i played Forza 6 which was great for letting me know what the car was doing. Is this something that's replicated on either systems?
Well, get a wheel. The game is a complete different animal. I'd go with PS4. More people on PS4 than Xbox.

If you're sticking to a controller, my advice won't be to drop several hundred dollars on a wheel. It can be great, but it isn't for everybody.

It depends on how much you plan on playing online, or rather, how many of the people you're likely to play with are on one system or the other. All else being equal, the XB1 controller is better for racing games IMO, for the reasons you mentioned.

On the XB1S and regular PS4, the Sony option will run slightly better. The tables turn with the Pro versus 1X. So if you're looking for the absolute best-performing version on consoles, the One X is your choice.

If you have a controller you may not like Project cars 2. You can basically jump into gt sport on a controller, but project cars may take some getting used to. If your on an xbox this conversation is over

Thanks for the advice guys.
I may consider getting a wheel later down the line, but i will stick with the controller for now.
I'll go with the Xbox version on One x since it seems to be more progressive for me, from there i can tweak the controller settings.
To top that off Splitztrem mentioned the Xbox X performs better so i'll go with that

Thanks for the advice guys.
I may consider getting a wheel later down the line, but i will stick with the controller for now.
I'll go with the Xbox version on One x since it seems to be more progressive for me, from there i can tweak the controller settings.
To top that off Splitztrem mentioned the Xbox X performs better so i'll go with that
You won't be disappointed, I've just moved over from PS3/GT6 to the 1X/PCars2 & while its true that PD can do remarkable things with their gfx/lighting on Gtsport/PS4pro, PCars2 still looks good in 4k hdr on the 1X. Personally I'm loving the fresh challenge of PC2, there's so much more going on in a race weekend, the emotion of trying to pass the next car while the ever changing weather throws what it can at you, a sigh of relief just because you made it into the top 10 lol.

Last edited:
Back