Ps4 pro gamma version

• Thread starter is300_dino
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
is300_dino
Hi I've been looking but no one seems to have an answer hopefully someone here knows.
What is the difference between a normal Ps4 pro and a Ps4 pro gamma? Not seen it on any sites till today and they seem to be the same price, I've been on game website but not even their customer service know or they don't want to tell me.
So can anyone help get an answer please, thank you.

If no one knows, it can't be a big deal. I would assume it's just a new revision that has some sort of cost-cutting new manufacturing process that Sony doesn't want to announce so they don't have to explain why they still cost the same.

The PS4 PRO gamma is the new revision model (named CUH-7216B). So it is the model quiter than the previous 2 PS4 PRO (first model (A chassis) and first revision model (B chassis)). You can see the analysis made by digital foundry about how it is far quiter than the older PS4 PRO models.
This new model is also provided with the bundle incuding Red Dead Redemption 2.
If you would like to buy a PS4 PRO I simply suggest you to buy that and not the old models.
I have the A chassis and thinking to sell it and buy this new model

Last edited:
The PS4 PRO gamma is the new revision model (named CUH-7216B). So it is the model quiter than the previous 2 PS4 PRO (first model (A chassis) and first revision model (B chassis)). You can see the analysis made by digital foundry about how it is far quiter than the older PS4 PRO models.
This new model is also provided with the bundle incuding Red Dead Redemption 2.
If you would like to buy a PS4 PRO I simply suggest you to buy that and not the old models.
I have the A chassis and thinking to sell it and buy this new model

really how loud is it @digant, could you make a quick video, my standard PS4 makes fan noise when I fire up MGS 5. L.A Noire Broke my PS3 I got YLOD with that game had to get a new PS3 finished the game and sold it, I had the old FAT PS3.

I have the one that came with the RDR 2 bundle. While it's not crazy loud, you do notice it, when it's been running a while. If the older ones are louder, I can see where it would be annoying.

Latest Posts

Back