PS4 Pro & GT7 Issues Galore

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
LittleZippyUK
Hello guys,

Been a while since I frequented here. Just chasing others opinion on GT7 and the PS4 Pro.

Picked up a second hand PS4 Pro from Facebook Marketplace as I was reading the T500RS will not work on the PS5 and with PS5's being massively over priced and short supply in the UK I thought it was best to get a PS4 instead, friends saying I should get the pro.

Issues I've ran into so far seem to be a lot more since 1.06 as I played the initial release with no issues I felt.

-License tests taking 1 to 2 minutes to load from menu to drive button.
-License test hanging when auto pilot counts to 1 with a full screen freeze of up to 30 seconds.
-License test before crossing the line hanging as per above.
-Hitting retry results in a black screen with BGM, no loading logo or any other input forcing me to close the game.
-Avatars (that explain the license test e.g. Fraga) being there one minute and not loading for the next subtitle.
-Finishing a license test to not see the medal animation pop up in my face.
-Randomly losing audio when loading into menus & events mainly BGM.

I've been through the console since taking ownership removing all games, media & files so the HDD only has GT7 installed. I've had the top cover removed to check the fan isn't covered in dust. I've also tried running it vertical on both ends in case heat was an issue and my last ditch attempt tonight was to run it with the top cover off completely. I've also tried rebuilding the database.

My last and only hope is hanging on an internal SSD to replace the HDD which I have coming from Amazon tomorrow. Who knew in the UK SSD's wouldn't be stocked on the shelf in any store.

Am I just expecting too much of this console? I can't find any other posts online about people struggling with freezing and crashing constantly.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
In the 30+ hours I've put into the game with a G29 on a Pro it's crashed once. Sounds like the console to me.

That's odd.

I don't have those issue in my Pro. Maybe the problem is your console?

In the 30+ hours I've put into the game with a G29 on a Pro it's crashed once. Sounds like the console to me.

Praying it's the HDD on it's last legs then. It was pretty rammed when I got it home with games & data. If the SSD tomorrow doesn't fix then back to the drawing board with getting another second hand pro.

Last edited:
I'm playing on the original PS4/G29. I got the console when it was released so it's 1st gen and really old. Still has the same HDD in it from the factory and the only issue I have is low frame rates on Spa. I would say it's definitely hardware related.

Haven't had any of the issues you've described, but I do have a Crucial MX500 in my PS4 Pro instead of the HDD.

I've been feeling since the patch that loading sometimes hangs a little bit on loading screens but maybe it's just in my head.
Definitely experiencing a few 1 second hangs when crossing the start line in mission/1p races when I hadn't had a single one prior to the patch.
On a Pro for the record.

I've been feeling since the patch that loading sometimes hangs a little bit on loading screens but maybe it's just in my head.
Definitely experiencing a few 1 second hangs when crossing the start line in mission/1p races when I hadn't had a single one prior to the patch.
On a Pro for the record.
Can I ask do you have the standard HDD or SSD?

That's odd.

I don't have those issue in my Pro. Maybe the problem is your console?
I have a basic PS4 and I don't have those problems either, yes I agree loading times are a bit slower but definitely not unbearable

All original unit 2 years old
Just to add to what the others have already covered , I have a pro and it runs pretty well on it certainly no hang ups on loading and nothing overly long on load times either. It's good enough to make me question using the ps5 to be frank other than the occasional framerate issues there's not a lot in it.

Right, out come of this thread. SSD has fixed all my issues. Runs super smoothly, load times are now what I call acceptable and I'm having a whale of a time. If only they fixed the bugged license tyres I could gold them all!

Latest Posts

Back