Ps4 pro on a 1080p Tv

• Thread starter Gordjy
  • 8 comments
Portugal
Lisbon
Gordjy
So I've been searching the internet but Info is a little confusing.

So I'm using a 1080p TV and have a ps4 pro. What are the real differences using this TV with the modes the game allow? My understanding is on a 1080p TV we will always get 60 fps so quality is always the way to go?

Congrats

So I've been searching the internet but Info is a little confusing.

So I'm using a 1080p TV and have a ps4 pro. What are the real differences using this TV with the modes the game allow? My understanding is on a 1080p TV we will always get 60 fps so quality is always the way to go?

Congrats
60 fps replay with the graphics equal to PS4 standard. (PS4 Standard will only cap the replay to 30 fps). Overall framerate will be more stable.

Or if you dont want it, better graphical and lighting details overall than PS4 standard.

You'll be presented with framerate or quality option. Sorted by the most noticeable things, framerate option will give the first, while the quality option will give the latter.

Better performance. Also I believe YouTube is 1080p instead of 720p on an original ps4

Don’t bother with super sampling. You get loads of pop in.
Yes, don’t use super sampling! it also causes frame rate loss when theres too many cars and all replays will be in 30fps instead of 60. It’s the same if you play 4K which is why I’m playing in 1080

Damnation! I've had that on since November '17. Don't know why. Just off the blower to me chums to give them the heads up as they copied my setup when they got their PS4s.

So thanks from me & 3 other happy Scotsmen. :cheers:👍

Not sure if the standard PS4 does HDR in-game, the Pro definitely does, although obviously requires a HDR compatible display. The Pro will also allow Remote Play to work at 1080p instead of 720p, but it still hitches and freezes occasionally, wouldn't recommend using it with GT.

The Slim does HDR, although through my Samsung 4K set I'm not exactly enamoured with its rendition of yellows or oranges.

Latest Posts

Back