Ps4 pro Performance stuttering

• Thread starter cartuxo99
  • 13 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Hi all, i was playing GT7 in a base ps4 in 4k and the performance was perfect, but i couldnt bare with the resolution cuz my screen is "4k", so... i sell mine and bought a ps4 pro and that was when the game started to stutter whenever i do "U" turns or when i do spins and the frame rates seems lower.
Im using the same save data i did everything since rebuilding data to the tv effects and i did activate the boost mode on the console.
Any help with this? Is this the game? Do you have the same issues?

The game is badly balanced for 4K gaming, i have also problems on my PS5 with 4K TV. Daily Race C Daytona with 20 cars on the grid is almost unplayable, horrible frame rates and stuttering. You need to try to play on UHD 2K TV, but i hope they will fix for 4K TVs also.

On gaming monitors maybe there are no problems, but for some 4K TVs like yours and my have problems.
I have Samsung 4K 65RU8000 series, so the TV is perfect for gaming, the game GT7 is badly balanced for the TV

Hmmm maybe try to put your TV to 1080p resolution and of course your PS4 PRO to 1080p. I didnt try it, tomorrow i will try this solution.

Last edited:
The game is badly balanced for 4K gaming, i have also problems on my PS5 with 4K TV. Daily Race C Daytona with 20 cars on the grid is almost unplayable, horrible frame rates and stuttering. You need to try to play on UHD 2K TV, but i hope they will fix for 4K TVs also.

On gaming monitors maybe there are no problems, but for some 4K TVs like yours and my have problems.
I have Samsung 4K 65RU8000 series, so the TV is perfect for gaming, the game GT7 is badly balanced for the TV

Hmmm maybe try to put your TV to 1080p resolution and of course your PS4 PRO to 1080p. I didnt try it, tomorrow i will try this solution.
Thx for the reply and thank god its a general problem, might be resolved soon i hope. I will try those, have a nice day mate🤜🤛

I’m getting frame drops on my 4K TV with a Pro as well. Nothing game breaking but it’s noticeable.

Last edited:
Can only say is fine @ 1080p on a 1080p monitor. Just avoid watching replays of a 20 car grid start - stutter central lol

Last edited:
So its working good for you with 2K TV ?
The 1080p TV a little old, the game performance runs nice but the HD weren't good eneugh at that time, as I play close to the screen with g29, it's impossible on this TV. I'll try to find other ways and keep post

Last edited:
In PS4 fat the game is almost unplayable.
The pit lane zone in the ring 24h is annoying,the game run out under 30fps and a lot of stuttering.
The fun fact here is that in the 1.05 version the performance was ok

Last edited:
Heya, I got a ps4 pro playing on a 4k tv, silly question: can you put the game in 1080p mode from the game's settings or do I need to 'force it' by changing tv/playstation settings? Asking as I only see the calibration setting in game and it auto selects 4k.

Heya, I got a ps4 pro playing on a 4k tv, silly question: can you put the game in 1080p mode from the game's settings or do I need to 'force it' by changing tv/playstation settings? Asking as I only see the calibration setting in game and it auto selects 4k.
HI I have search on the game for more settings, it can only be changed on PS settings. I have been playing on 2k with HDR (seems better to me) and the game still stutter, no t much but is acceptable for now. There's a setting I changed is the size of application I reduced to min, the game screen is smaller, but it upscales on races

Last edited:
You have to force the Pro to 1080p
The image looks a little blury but you get motion blur and 60fps menus and replays then.

GT7 has problem with FPS most of the times on PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 nevermind .... For me Daytona Daily Race C was horrible below 30fps with 20 cars on the grid on PS5 with 4K TV. But there are other tracks also where the game is stuttering. We need patch for this issues.

Last edited:
Not noticed gameplay performance issues on my Pro @ 2160p, though I installed an SSD in it for GT so perhaps that has something to say. Definitely see framedrops in the replays though.

Back