PS4 - Project Cars and Playstation Camera in game?

• Thread starter Daisey327
  • 18 comments

Daisey327

Clean Racing Since 19.3.2015
Premium
Australia
Sydney
Daisey327
Gday all,

I was trying to find some information regarding the PS4 version and if in any way the PS4 Camera is used; particularly tracking head/eye movement to redirect the focus and or camera angle. The only information I find is always linked to articles on Morpheus. I am interested in head tracking on its own.

"We’re proud to announce today that Project Cars will be supporting Project Morpheus," said the studio, "giving players a totally fresh and exhilarating new perspective on what it feels like to sit in the cockpit of a high-performance machine screaming around a beautiful location."

The studio announced today that it will be supporting the device, adding that players will be "blown away" once they get hold of Sony's new kit. Project Cars will also support head tracking via the PlayStation Camera, Slightly Mad Studios says.

If you have any info or links can you post it below? Want to know if it is worth buying a camera.

Cheers.

Daisey

Last edited:
To my understanding the PS4 camera will be used for positional tracking of the Morpheus headset. Like Oculus Rift then. So in this sense a camera may be worth it, or even necessary. However, we (WMD) have no specific information about the Morpheus implementation.

To my understanding the PS4 camera will be used for positional tracking of the Morpheus headset. Like Oculus Rift then. So in this sense a camera may be worth it, or even necessary. However, we (WMD) have no specific information about the Morpheus implementation.
Yes, this is how I translate the current quotes from SMS, although it never actually specifies if it can be used without Morpheus. This is what I am trying to work out :P

Sorry to disappoint with the "no info" posting... :embarrassed:

I've not picked up anything about camera-only tracking in the context of pCARS - the only mention of the camera is in conjunction with the Morpheus (ref.). Don't take this as gospel though, as little is generally known about these things ATM...

Sorry to disappoint with the "no info" posting... :embarrassed:

I've not picked up anything about camera-only tracking in the context of pCARS - the only mention of the camera is in conjunction with the Morpheus (ref.). Don't take this as gospel though, as little is generally known about these things ATM...
All good mate! :D Not disappointed at all :)

War Thunder uses the camera for head tracking I believe and I have tweeted @projectcars asking about implementing this, but had no response (unsurprisingly, they'll announce stuff when they know/can). But it would be cool if console camera were used in the same way that trackIR is on pc.

Yeah, thats what I was asking a few days ago. I wish they would implement head tracking via ps eye only. Shouldn't be that hard as gt5 had it. Maybe for a future update. Let's see.

Will it be possible to move the head around with the digi cross at my t300?! Is it analog or just digital, btw?!

Yeah, thats what I was asking a few days ago. I wish they would implement head tracking via ps eye only. Shouldn't be that hard as gt5 had it. Maybe for a future update. Let's see.

Will it be possible to move the head around with the digi cross at my t300?! Is it analog or just digital, btw?!

Turning your head up/down/left/right is possible via buttons.

I don't think head tracking for PS4 will come. Morpheus needs PS eye for head tracking but I don't think PS eye will work without Morpheus for head tracking. But that's only my guess as I don't exactly know how Morpheus/PS eye have to be coded.

D-pad is digital, so specific degree. On the controller you can use the right stick to look around.
Maybe it's possible to set the angle of movement. That would be nice so everyone could set it up in his own way.
But that's just the little things.

According to the description on PSN, pCARS is compatible with the Move controllers and camera so you can use the Move steering wheel accessory to drive. While the camera is used to track the move controller it shouldn't be difficult to have it track head movement too, though you might have to strap a move controller to your head for total accuracy. :lol:

Do we know of multiple monitors will be supported as in GT6 until VR headsets are out and good options?

My racing rig is outdated after just 1yr!!! LOL

Did not see anything in the settings, but I also do not have a camera connected.

Did anyone figure out if head tracking is supported? Using a single screen with close to realistic FOV, it would be nice to be able to just turn my head to see more left and right, I tried the automatic with the helmet cam but I don't always want to look.. I need the dpad arrows for other controls and I am out of buttons..

Back