PS4 Replay Glitch

• Thread starter rj5992
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So here's an odd one.

As we all know, the PS4 only allows a 1GB limit for Replays, Setups and Photo Mode Images. This means we have to constantly delete past replay videos in order to make room for more.

I've just upgraded to a PS4 Pro, and, before I got rid of the old one, I uploaded my Save Data for all games to the PS+ Online Storage (the first time I have manually done this). I redownloaded that data when I got the new console, onto a fresh clean internal hard drive. I also had to re-install PC2 onto the new drive.

I've just saved a replay of a race and, when I went to view it in the Video section of the game, I was shocked to find every single replay I've made since I got the game in September sat there. There are 32 videos and 15 of them are over 30 minutes in length, far far exceeding the 1GB limit. And they are all accessible, playable, and editable ( as much as PC2 allows them to be edited).

So does anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Have I found a magical loophole that will enable us to keep all our overtakes and accidents for posterity?

I'm also interested to find out when my storage will 'run over' the 1GB limit. I should find out this week as I have 2 30 minute races I can save.

Have I found a magical loophole that will enable us to keep all our overtakes and accidents for posterity?
You have to buy a Pro to give you the extra secret storage. ;)

Have you tried replaying any of them yet?
In the system /saved data section it will show you all of the files that are saved for PC2. Interesting to know if they all show up.

You have to buy a Pro to give you the extra secret storage. ;)

Have you tried replaying any of them yet?
In the system /saved data section it will show you all of the files that are saved for PC2. Interesting to know if they all show up.

Yeah, they all replay perfectly. And they are all in the PC2 system storage. If I remember it was 4.5GB of Replays, Ghost Laps and Setup Files.

Well that's odd indeed. So perhaps it is that files you upload to the PSplus storage can be downloaded again later and take your local storage above it's normal limits. Or maybe it is just to do with you setting up a new machine.

Because they are so large I've never actually uploaded a replay file. I'll have to give it a try.

It'll be this then!
I'm also interested to find out when my storage will 'run over' the 1GB limit.

So what have you found out since...

I also have the Pro, but fnd it annoying I can't save my private testing.... But that is another issue.

Back