[PS4] "Survive The Hunt" Events - Possible restart?

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Survive The Hunt (PS4)

Next event: Saturday, July 14, 8:00 CEST

Survive The Hunt is a game about coordination, tactics, stealth and quick reactions, where one team of players (otherwise known as the Hunters) attempt to track down and execute one escaping player (the Hunted) within the city of Los Santos.

These games are based on the game created by a certain FailRace. If you're unfamiliar with them or this game mode, you can take a look here.
Hunted:

Goals:​
  • Survive for 30 minutes without being killed by the Hunters. If the Hunted survives for 30 minutes, the game is up and the Hunted is considered the winner.
Vehicles:​
  • The Hunted can use any vehicle they want, as long as it can neither fly nor glide. That means no aircraft, Oppressor, Deluxo or whatever fancy toy you had in mind, but does mean regular Personal Vehicles are fine. Just beware of them standing out in the crowd.
  • Once the round starts, the Hunted may not use Los Santos Customs or any other custom shop to modify their current vehicle. They are, however, free to do so before the round starts.
  • The Hunted is allowed (and encouraged) to use multiple vehicles over the 30 minutes to keep the tireless Hunters off their scent.
Other rules:​
  • The Hunted cannot leave the "main city area" of Los Santos - from the docks in the south to the Vinewood Hills in the north, from the Vespucci Pier in the west to Murietta Heights in the East. Depending on participant numbers, play area may be restricted further.
  • The Hunted also cannot access interiors (Apartments, Offices, Clubhouses, Cinemas etc.) once the round starts - they must remain in the "open".
    • Also please don't camp it out in a carpark or the subway.
Hunters:

Goals:​
  • Track down and execute the Hunted before the time runs out.
Vehicles:
  • The Hunters can use any vehicles at their disposal. This includes anything from vehicles found on the street to Personal Vehicles and aircraft such as helicopters.
  • The Hunters can use Los Santos Customs or other custom shops to improve the performance of whatever vehicle they may be using at any point.
  • The Hunters are allowed (and encouraged) to use multiple vehicles over the 30 minutes to keep the Hunted from noticing them.
In Common:
  • Both Radar and Player Overhead Display (both the one in "Online > Options" and the one in "Settings > Display") must be turned off at all times. You should also avoid using the Pause menu once a round has started.
  • You cannot use any weaponry while in a vehicle. You must be on foot to use any form of weaponry.
  • Explosives, miniguns and MK II ammo types are banned.
  • Calling Muggers, Mercenaries, 911, using the Orbital Cannon etc. is prohibited, unless you're @Jamesyarders.
  • Using the Circle button to make the camera reveal nearby players should be kept to a minimum. If the player count is substantially high, this should be avoided entirely.
  • Vehicles equipped with Homing weapons should have their weaponry set to a setting other than this, as this too can reveal the location of other players. Or, you know, change your targeting priority. Except that'll bite you in the end. Just set it to not-Homing-Missile-setting.
Starting Procedure:
  • Once everyone is ready, all players will meet in a predetermined spot. Once the Hunted starts, they have a two-minute head start, after which the Hunters will start and The Hunt is on.
Other Information:
  • Lobbies will be hosted in either a Closed Crew Session or Invite Only Session. Notice will be made in due time.
  • Microphones are very much recommended, but not required.
  • All vehicles can be repaired or replaced between rounds if necessary.
FAQ:
  • How often will these events take place?
    • The aim is to have at least one event per month. In these early phases, we'll see if we can accomodate two or if that means it becomes stale.
    • So that was off by about ten billion country miles. A more appropriate answer would be "basically whenever a decent amount of people can be bothered".
  • How can I get involved?
    • Once the date of the next event has been revealed, just state your interest in participating, along with your PSN ID if required. It is, however, up to you to remember to take part once event day comes.
Media:

Last edited:
As I said before, plans are to have another run of this on Saturday, starting at roughly the same time as last (i.e. somewhere around 7-8 PM CET) and ending whenever we're all so tired we accidentally delete our characters.

I'll make this one a Crew lobby so joining should be a lot less frustrating.

If we get less than 10 Hunters, we'll stick to the setup that worked last time, with a limited area and helicopters being on the cheatsy side. Between 10 and, say, 16, we'll expand the play area a bit, and if we get above 16, we're going for the entire city. Should we somehow manage a full 30 people in the lobby.. let's go for the entire map, shall we?

Is anyone else signing up to this?
If it is just me vs @rallymorten we may as well play inside the office :lol:. Maybe the bunker or facility if we get 3 people.

..yeah, this has been just a tad low on activity.

As I said, though, I'm making this a Crew lobby, which is basically an open invitation. If anyone has some spare time this Saturday, feel free to join in on the shenanigans.

The crew session is up, and I believe everything is set up for people to join either through Join Crew Members or me directly. Not yet decided on when I'll close it in case nobody shows up.

To be honest I think people prefer the Busted event, it got a much better turnout...on a Thursday.

I can give it a go, though, right?

Besides - as you say - if worst comes to worst, there's Busted to fall back on for all-on-one freemode chase shenanigans :lol:

Also you're so absolutely welcome.

Right, quick interest check: this Saturday, usual sort of time slot - what's the reaction?

..that makes an even playing field, then.

Besides, it's all the more fun when people are not quite good enough at pretending to be AI :lol:

I count just under a handful of maybes. Could be enough to get something working.

Of course, come the time, if people happen to have someone (preferably someone else from GTP or at least someone capable of understanding basic instructions) on their friends list who's doing GTA stuff, you have my permission to spam them with invites.

Double-posting for reasons of the important update that an Invite-Only lobby has been setup. Now I'm just waiting for people to say they're ready to join, and maybe we'll actually get to do this thing.

Edit: An hour later, aaaaaaaaand I've given up. So much for this attempt.

Last edited:
I dont know when you're next planning to do one but I just discovered this and I love it. My PSN is Ramkins99 so whenever the next one happens I'd love to join

As much as I somewhat kinda do want to do something, I think it says a lot when the only two people to have replied to this thread over the last year-and-a-bit are two people who signed up, made that one post and have subsequently buggered off while the rest of GTP (myself included 99% of the time) have either moved on or are too busy doing whatever it is you do when you stand in your own closed circles. But hey, let's put that theory to the test.

If I can get ten names, I'll schedule an event and see where that takes us.

Deadline is the end of October.

Back