PS5 *and* PC gamers - what display?

• Thread starter giuseppe43
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Those playing on both console and pc with your rigs, what displays are you using?

I'm looking at a profile rig with an attached display stand and was thinking 34inch ultrawide now that it's supported on PS5 but I'm struggling to get any real world positive feedback on this on a PS5

Thanks!

ultrawide now that it's supported on PS5
I think you might be struggling to find feedback because I'm not sure that it is supported. Others might know better but from what I understand there will be a picture but it will either be stretched or there'll be black bars on the sides. The PS5 will now output 1440p, if that's what you're thinking of, I don't think that's classed as ultra wide though.

Since I don't have a gaming PC I don't quite fit your criteria, but for the PS5 I use a "Gigabyte AORUS FV43U 43 Inch VA QLED 4K/UHD 144Hz HDMI 2.1 Adaptive Sync Gaming Monitor".
Catchy name. 🙂

Those playing on both console and pc with your rigs, what displays are you using?

I'm looking at a profile rig with an attached display stand and was thinking 34inch ultrawide now that it's supported on PS5 but I'm struggling to get any real world positive feedback on this on a PS5

Thanks!
PS5 will output to ultrawide monitors but does not support the resolutions of those monitors natively so you will get scaling and/or stretching issues. The "support for ultrawides" got confused when Sony added 1440p support in 2022 but that's not the same thing as native support for 21:9 resolutions. All PS5 games currently are 16:9.

The best overall I'd say for PS5+PC is a nice big low latency UHD HDR TV with support for VRR.

Last edited:
Back