PS5 audio issues [Solved]

• Thread starter JP76
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hey folks, so I finally managed to get a PS5 (digital edition) this week and immediately ran into a problem.

My old headset, that works perfectly on my PS4 Pro, is a Corsair H1500.
It's a wired USB headset, but it doesn't work on PS5.
The PS5 recognises it (says 'Corsair H1500 gaming headset' in the audio out settings) but constantly spams disconnects over and over.

No bother I thought, I'll just have to buy a new compatible headset, so I brought the Pulse 3d headset.
But I immediately noticed the difference in audio quality between PS4 and PS5....the PS5 audio sounds muffled and much lower quality.

Did 2 days of research and found lots of people saying the same, some say turning off the 3D audio makes it better, but unfortunately not for me personally In the games I tried. (RDR2, GT7, MLB the show)
The general consensus seems to be that whatever headset people used the audio on PS5 is sub par to the PS4.

So basically is there anything I could do/use to make my Corsair H1500 work again? It seems I may have to, and some people also use, an external sound card or some sort of converter to improve audio quality.
The H1500 headset I have is super comfortable and unbelievably good audio quality, I can tell the vast difference in just the PS5 menu music when it briefly comes on and off.
I'm guessing it's a USB issue with the PS5?

Cheers all.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you've tried most/all of the suggestions in here?

I know you want the Corsair to work instead of the Pulse but maybe the fix is the same.

TB
I'm assuming you've tried most/all of the suggestions in here?

I know you want the Corsair to work instead of the Pulse but maybe the fix is the same.

Thanks TB.
I've actually ordered one of those yesterday to try, it's worth a shot I guess.

After a bit more research it seems the problem is indeed with the USB types.
PS4 and PS4 Pro have USB Gen 1 type....and the PS5 is Gen 2.

I'll try the adapter (as above) I brought today, if it doesn't work I'll have to look for a USB Gen 2 - Gen 1 adapter if there's such a thing.

Thanks man.

Last edited:
Hi @JP76 I thought I’d go back to my Pulse Headset to see if I could help.

I’d don’t have any specific drops in audio, however I don’t have any HDD’s plugged into the USB ports.

I’ve tried both front and back USB ports and the audio just sucks. No matter 3D or not.

So I tried my Sony WH-1000XM4 and they sound so much better plugged into the Pad. The sound is just richer and I actually prefer the 3D audio on these too.

I tried plugging the Pulse into the pad and their just very thin sounding headphones.

You might get your Corsair headphones back up and running via the Pad solution.

Hi @JP76 I thought I’d go back to my Pulse Headset to see if I could help.

I’d don’t have any specific drops in audio, however I don’t have any HDD’s plugged into the USB ports.

I’ve tried both front and back USB ports and the audio just sucks. No matter 3D or not.

So I tried my Sony WH-1000XM4 and they sound so much better plugged into the Pad. The sound is just richer and I actually prefer the 3D audio on these too.

I tried plugging the Pulse into the pad and their just very thin sounding headphones.

You might get your Corsair headphones back up and running via the Pad solution.
Cheers Sprite, I'll check those headphones out you mentioned thanks.
As my Corsair H1500 headset is USB, I'd have to get a USB to 3.5 Jack adapter if they exist.

Unfortunately the USB A - C adapter that @TB mentioned didn't work either Unfortunately.

I'll definitely look into those Sony headphones you mentioned thanks.

Yeah, the audio on PS5 is just bad compared to PS4, seen loads of posts on the net this week of people saying the same, and apparently Sony are aware of the issues, but I don't suppose they'll address it 🙄

Thanks very much buddy.

Cheers Sprite, I'll check those headphones out you mentioned thanks.
As my Corsair H1500 headset is USB, I'd have to get a USB to 3.5 Jack adapter if they exist.

Unfortunately the USB A - C adapter that @TB mentioned didn't work either Unfortunately.

I'll definitely look into those Sony headphones you mentioned thanks.

Yeah, the audio on PS5 is just bad compared to PS4, seen loads of posts on the net this week of people saying the same, and apparently Sony are aware of the issues, but I don't suppose they'll address it 🙄

Thanks very much buddy.
It’s a shame the Corsair don’t have a jack port on them.

The Sony headphones I mentioned are pricey but they have excellent noise cancellation which really help.

Have you tried USB out on your TV in case it allows sound via USB? I know some TVs allow this so maybe worth a shot.

I know LGs do as my dad has a USB DAC plugged into his.

Last edited:
It’s a shame the Corsair don’t have a jack port on them.

The Sony headphones I mentioned are pricey but they have excellent noise cancellation which really help.

Have you tried USB out on your TV in case it allows sound via USB? I know some TVs allow this so maybe worth a shot.

I know LGs do as my dad has a USB DAC plugged into his.
Unfortunately my TV (Samsung) isn't compatible with my headset, I remember trying it years ago when watching the Masters, I looked it up and they don't have a sound card or whatever to allow it to work.
It does have 2 USB ports though.

Finally sorted it out folks, and found a solution.

I ordered (a cheap) USB hub from Amazon the other day (USB 3.0 backwards compatible) - plugged my Corsair H1500 headset into it, and it worked.
However there was really loud horrible crackling/static and interference too. This got more noticeable everytime I pressed a button on the controller, or any audio played on the PS5.
I put it down to it being a really low quality and cheap USB hub.
So I bit the bullet, and gambled that a more expensive one might solve it.
It sure did!
I brought this : https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...0QFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw35CVfD4ZpSfZvfl2X5sPM-

(Belkin USB C Multi port adapter)

It works perfectly with my headset, and now enjoying the same superb audio quality I was on PS4 Pro.....it's far superior to the Pulse 3d headset.

Hope it can help others too, as previously mentioned it seems there's some general audio issues, and USB compatibility problems with PS5.

For some reason Sony decided not to add the most used and original Gen 1 type USB ports.
This will solve all your problems.

Cheers all.

Last edited:
You know, I haven't even tried my headset on my PS5. I never even tried one on my PS4. I just use my TV audio (even though I have an AVR with 5.1 surround sound).

Last edited:
Back