PS5 based 5.1 audio setups

United States
United States
Hey all,
the engineering continues...
I have a $70 ebay simrig frame, Jegs seat, DDPro hub, v3 pedals, 34" curved monitor. and now, a ps5 instead of the ps4.

the monitor is newish, I used to have it in from of the home theater, tire sounds place accurately.

with the monitor separate it gets tricky, first time I've actually used a toslink port.

The Question:

what are good 5.1 channel options for the PS5 to drive via bluetooth, or optical, with small speakers that I can mount to the monitor and seat.
the bracketry I'm not to concerned about, as long as the drivers are small, more avoiding the headphone port on the monitor as the input.

THANKS

Also interested in this topic, similar setup: PS5+PC monitor (converting from 60hz TV)

I'm looking into PS5 USB output speaker setup, as I'm concerned there might be input lag caused by soundbar (not sure if anyone can confirm there is an input lag if soundbar is used). I"m assuming with USB, I'll probably lose surround sound capability(?)

I tried using PC USB powered monitor speaker directly from PS5, but it sounded bad. I wonder if I get powered USB speaker setup, this can work.

Also checking if bluetooth speaker from PS5 is an option... not sure if there will also be input delay as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just got mine up, my 4 acct was setup with an old email,..doh

I think a primary consideration is whether you(we) are trying to get a separate audio stream out of the ps5, or, are we trying to get the audio straming along the hdmi.

with the 4, I tapped the toslink and watched a monitor/listened to reciever output
5 stb on that, so I am looking at the holes in the samsung ultrawide.. also stb shipping without internal speakers.

I have a usb A, and a 3.5mm.

currently the 3.5 is feeding my 15w fender pactice amp, perched on the home theater sub, right next to the simrig.

cuz I only have a 1 meter double male 3.5 cable.

obviously I cannot make any data driven audio delay opinions........

Back