PS5/Drivehub/3rd party controller

• Thread starter Rdp616
  • 4 comments

Rdp616

(Banned)
United States
SW, PA
Suzukiboi
Been reading that people are getting their drivehub to work consistently on PS5 if they use a 3rd party wired controller. Most people are using the horipad mini. My question is, does it have to be an officially licensed controller, or can I use any 3rd party wired controller?

If you read the DH thread you will find that Podger (DH creator) found that fully licenced 3rd party controllers that use the same chip as the G29 have been found to work on PS5 so far.

If you read the DH thread you will find that Podger (DH creator) found that fully licenced 3rd party controllers that use the same chip as the G29 have been found to work on PS5 so far.

I've read that, what I'm wondering is do unlicensed controllers work, i.e just a cheap $30 wired PS4 controller

I've read that, what I'm wondering is do unlicensed controllers work, i.e just a cheap $30 wired PS4 controller

As mentioned above I believe which controller works depends on the licence chip it uses. So I doubt an unlicensed controller would work. Podger did list a number of controllers he tested. I don't have a PS5 yet but I grabbed a Hori Mini for $36.

As mentioned above I believe which controller works depends on the licence chip it uses. So I doubt an unlicensed controller would work. Podger did list a number of controllers he tested. I don't have a PS5 yet but I grabbed a Hori Mini for $36.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere (I think it was on this site, not sure where though) that someone had tried with the PS 5 version of Dirt 5 and it didn't work, but it worked fine on the PS 5 with the PS 4 version of Dirt 5.

Edit: I was wrong :embarrassed:. The post I was thinking of was about the T500 and Dirt 5 :guilty:.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back