Ps5 fanatec, best options

• Thread starter rabc10000
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello.

New to the forum but have been reading for years, esp the tuning section.

Been using my g29 for a few years now however I'm looking to upgrade and was wondering if someone could recommend a beginner sort of fanatec setup please.

I really like the McLaren wheel which I believe is compatible with ps5 with the correct base however the base and wheels are something I'm not sure about.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or alternatives.

Hi, I bought the DD pro base with the wrc wheel. Wheel was £140. Base was £470. Pedals £80. There is a cheaper wheel with fixed paddles. Wrc paddles are removable.

Hello.

Been using my g29 for a few years now however I'm looking to upgrade and was wondering if someone could recommend a beginner sort of fanatec setup please.

I really like the McLaren wheel which I believe is compatible with ps5 with the correct base however the base and wheels are something I'm not sure about.

I would recommend the GT DD Pro. You get a wheelbase, pedals and a wheel that is fully compatible with GT7.

Any other Fanatec steering wheel will be compatible and will work with PS/GT (PS compatibility is built into the wheelbase) but you may not have full functionality with dials on the wheel. I don't have the McLaren wheel but I believe the dials on the wheel do not function within GT.

Other steering wheels can then be purchased later if you require.

Hello.

If you're looking at the Fanatec GT DD Pro then I recommend getting the boost kit & load cell brake if possible. The GT wheel is quite flimsy but the McLaren is really nice. The toggle switches on that work the MFD in GT7 so no issues with changing brake balance, fuel map etc. Also if you play ACC on PS5 the dials and toggles can be assigned to what you want.

GT wheel is horrible IMO, enough to get you started but it is quite embarrassing compared to even the antique but robust and beautiful Thrustmaster T500, which was also a proper size !! however I used it to log into the PS5, then hot swap out my rims and put on my custom wheel which uses an SRM adapter, gives me all the primary controls I need but with a nice rim in hand.

If you're looking at the Fanatec GT DD Pro then I recommend getting the boost kit & load cell brake if possible. The GT wheel is quite flimsy but the McLaren is really nice. The toggle switches on that work the MFD in GT7 so no issues with changing brake balance, fuel map etc. Also if you play ACC on PS5 the dials and toggles can be assigned to what you want.
Thank you for the reply.

This is the problem I have with the GT DD pro. When u add in the extra PSU, wheel ect then load cells it looked like I was better going for the dd2, McLaren wheel and CSL v2?? Wheels with the load cells.

Iirc it came in about the same price as the GT DD pro but would have been customised to my own liking rather than needing to fork out 00s more.

I own the DD-Pro, the McLaren Wheel and the V3 pedals...

I like the equipment, it works as expected and feels great. However, temper your expectations as it pertains to FFB with GT7. It's underwhelming to say the least.

I own the DD-Pro, the McLaren Wheel and the V3 pedals...

I like the equipment, it works as expected and feels great. However, temper your expectations as it pertains to FFB with GT7. It's underwhelming to say the least.
GT 7 won't be my only game as I have took a liking to assetto corsa competizione lately and the flip side is my oldest son is in the process of planning a new pc for himself which will in turn leave me with a mid spec pc ( Ryzen 9 5900x and a 3090ti ) so I'm hoping too advance onto other pc SIM games however ps5 will always be first choice due to friends.

Which is why I joined and started this thread as I do believe certain wheels do not work with ps5 ( moza r5 )

I have zero regrets buying into the Fanatec DD, I also bought a V3 pedal set plus the Porsche GT3 rim, and this custom SRM adapter so I could use my own build custom solution (it talks to the fanatec base to tell it it has a rim connected, else FFB is dead), also have the 8nm PSU.

Like you my primary reason was compatibility across multiple platforms.

Thank you for the reply.

This is the problem I have with the GT DD pro. When u add in the extra PSU, wheel ect then load cells it looked like I was better going for the dd2, McLaren wheel and CSL v2?? Wheels with the load cells.

Iirc it came in about the same price as the GT DD pro but would have been customised to my own liking rather than needing to fork out 00s more.
The GT DD Pro bundle with boost kit & load cell is €900, add the McLaren wheel and it's still around half the price of a DD2 with wheel and pedals. That and the DD2 isn't Playstation compatible.

The GT DD Pro bundle with boost kit & load cell is €900, add the McLaren wheel and it's still around half the price of a DD2 with wheel and pedals. That and the DD2 isn't Playstation compatible.
Last part is exactly why I was asking regards compatibility and I have either misread the pricing or incorrectly named part. What I was looking at was the dd2 (439 iirc ) pedals were 209 and McLaren wheel about 210 give or take.

Last part is exactly why I was asking regards compatibility and I have either misread the pricing or incorrectly named part. What I was looking at was the dd2 (439 iirc ) pedals were 209 and McLaren wheel about 210 give or take.
Did you mean the CSL DD that's priced €349? Also not Playstation compatible. The only PS compatible wheelbase from Fanatec is the GT DD Pro.

I bought the DD-Pro package when it first came out with the load cell brake and boost upgrades. I've bought 3 different wheels and other parts since. If I had to do it all over again (Was limited by stock at the time as well) I'd buy:
-DD Pro base
-Mclaren or WRC wheel (Depends on what type of racing you're planning on doing. The WRC is about the best cheap all around wheel I've tried. I also have the Formula 2.5 and the Clubsport RS) If you have the money to upgrade to a better wheel it's worth it, but the added weight of the better wheels does slightly dampen the already weak fine signals from GT7.
-V2 pedals
And of course the shifter and handbrake. But the above 3 gets you a good setup for anything for $1100

Back