PS5 Monitor Selection Headache

• Thread starter Pepeyoshi
  • 5 comments
Latvia
Latvia
Hi All,

Been having some headaches upgrading my 28inch 4K Benq EL2870U monitor to a 32inch 4K monitor (can't fit in a larger screen unfortunately no space), I can't decide which one to get that would be optimal for racing games, but at the same time to enjoy casual games on my PS5. Currently leaning towards Gigabyte M32U as it can utilize the power of PS5 to its full potential, however been reading some reviews that its not as good as advertised, and that 2.1 HDMI's being no full chroma subsampling or whatever it is (sorry I'm far from tech savvy). Neverltheless currently RTINGS website placed this model as the best for PS5, along with some others.

So maybe someone can share with me any advice on what you are using and if you are fullt satisfied? Or reflect on experience with M32U Gigabyte model is it worth the money (900EUR) ? If you are using any 1440P monitors how does it look?

My budget is around 800-1000 EUR, the maximum screen size that could fit in is 32inch. Not sure if PS5 will add 1440P native in the future, thus ultrawide 34inches I understand is out of the question unless I want to play on a stretched sceen, or am I wrong?

The games I play is racing mostly, however some action RPGs, or 3rd person adventure games are also on the list.

Thanks in advance.

fyi ps5 can't do 1440p. It's either 1080p or 2160p. 1440p is not ultrawide btw. 1440p can be 16/9 as well.

Can't help you as I'll get a 43' oled tv to pair up with my ps5.

You think finding a gaming monitor is a headache. Try finding a gaming HDTV.

Jerome

You think finding a gaming monitor is a headache. Try finding a gaming HDTV.

Jerome
I guess there’s always something that is missing in each model. If I was to pick a TV that would’ve been Samsung C1 or Q90NA at least I read some good things about them.

For the monitors I find it very confusing to make a right pick.

The guys at Hardware Unboxed do really good monitor reviews, and might be covering what you need in this one:

or this one:

The guys at Hardware Unboxed do really good monitor reviews, and might be covering what you need in this one:

or this one:

Thanks, now I have two monitors to consider Gigabyte M32U and MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD, however the price difference between the two monitors is 300 EUR in my country. Will investigate if its worth to spend more on a screen that will mostly display racing tracks and a car dash.

Back