The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
Welcome to PSC Week 147.

The Picture:

2009_subaru_forester_new_2.jpg

(Subaru Forester)

Please mark your final entries as such with some nice bold, red writing that I can easily see. Finals must be the same or smaller than(1280x853) the original picture.

Deadline: December 24th

Last edited:
Ok first of all, I think the base picture should be larger. A tiny res, fairly grainy photo isn't the best to start off with. Go back and check out some of the pictures that have been used in previous comps and you'll get the idea.

I am sorry but that is a horrible grainy picture with a tiny res. To be able to photoshop effectively you need to be able to tell what the hell you are looking at when you zoom in far.

Thanks! I will get another car.

Now? I know the pic isn't the best.

Last edited:
If you know that the pic is not the best, why choose it? To be honest, that is still a tiny picture and it is actually worse to chop with than the Subaru picture. I am sorry to be so nit picky but you need a good picture. Around 1400pixels wide minimum. We simply cant chop so small, have you ever even chopped before?

Basically it's best to find a nice:

Hi Res Photo, clear - Because it'll let you zoom in a hell of a lot more without being as pixelated as a smaller one, and of course it looks better.

A good angle - It's best to find a picture of the car that is at a fairly common angle which a lot of photos are taken at. The typical 45 degree angle usually works best. Any side on, front or rear would do too but 45 is typically the easiest and most 'accessible' photo to be chopped. Here's an example:

How to do it...

civic-typer_----.jpg

How not to...
honda-civic-photo-105.jpg

Non modified cars - Of course it's much better to give us a photo that contains a car which is not already modified. For instance, that first Civic I posted probably isn't the optimal car to start off with. It's better to get something stock so people can choose their own styles.

A generic car - It's better to choose a car over a van, most of the time.

Of course it's better to start off with these, the 'pros' however can edit just about anything, however it's just better to stick to something much easier for the 'casuals'.

Thanks! Should I have the year of the car,when I post the picture?

Just post a picture which fits the criteria given and show us it, also extend the final date.

1000 x 1000 is stupid, the ratio must be the same as the original picture. To be honest this competition isn't working, SVX, you really do need to organise these things properly or it just isn't going to work.

So far it just sounds like you haven't taken any interest at all in this. It makes everyone (and myself) think that you're doing this to get popularity or to get your post count up (which you probably are, because you take no effort at all with just about any of your recent posts or threads.) I've been put off entering this competition, and you've just lost yourself one more possible competitor. 👎

Do you even have Photoshop yourself? I've never seen any of your works, please show us.

Ok,I'm changing it again,thanks for helping out!

BTW,this is my 1,000th post!

SVX
BTW,this is my 1,000th post!

Yeah, to be honest nobody really cares because all of them are: "Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day and have fun!"

And:

"Finals must be the same(1280x853) as the non chop picture."

Should be:

"Finals must be the same or smaller than(1280x853) as the original picture.

1000 x 1000 is stupid, the ratio must be the same as the original picture. To be honest this competition isn't working, SVX, you really do need to organise these things properly or it just isn't going to work.

So far it just sounds like you haven't taken any interest at all in this. It makes everyone (and myself) think that you're doing this to get popularity or to get your post count up (which you probably are, because you take no effort at all with just about any of your recent posts or threads.) I've been put off entering this competition, and you've just lost yourself one more possible competitor. 👎

Do you even have Photoshop yourself? I've never seen any of your works, please show us.

Agree with the whole lot 👍. Are you just doing this to get a reputation or something, you need to think before you post something. If you haven't chopped or have only done it once or twice, why are you hosting this? You need to know yourself whether what you are telling us to do works or not. Other people cant hold your hand around here, Turbo is being incredibly helpful and you are lucky for that.

Yeah, to be honest nobody really cares because all of them are: "Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day and have fun!"

And:

"Finals must be the same(1280x853) as the non chop picture."

Should be:

"Finals must be the same or smaller than(1280x853) the original picture.

Agreed with all and agreed again.

SVX
Thank you.

You say thank you yet you still post this:

SVX
...' I can easily see[/b][/color]. same or smaller than(1280x853) as the original picture.'

Da hell?!?!? ALL you had to do was copy his sentence that he kindly gave you and put it in the post. Instead you put half of it in there without a capital letter and in bold. Not only that but it also doesnt make sense:crazy:. You are meant to be able to remove the bracketed part from the sentence when you read it and it will still make sense. Since when does this make sense? "same or smaller than as the original picture."?!?!??!

Just put ""Finals must be the same or smaller than(1280x853) the original picture."

[/rant]

Hope you learn from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back