PSN download version....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silk777
  • 23 comments
  • 2,157 views
Messages
5
Messages
Silk777
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered before but i couldn't find anything from searching the forum....

My question is whether it is a requirement to be signed into the playstation network in order to play the downloaded version of GT5P?

I have tried to play without being connected to the internet and it gives an error about not being signed in....

If this is the case, it's a major bummer as sometimes you go to a friends and they don't have internet etc.....

Thanks...
 
Yes you NEED to be connected I am afraid
 
:( Yes :( :( I am sorely afraid that you MUST be connected to the PSN :( IT SUCKS! :mad:
 
Really? I don't need to be connected to play my JP PSN-downloaded copy.
 
i also dont need to be connected to play..........

????
 
Really? I don't need to be connected to play my JP PSN-downloaded copy.

i also dont need to be connected to play..........

????

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :confused: :boggled: :irked: :mad: :banghead: You got to be KIDDING ME! US PSN is the ONLY one that you have to be connected to the PSN to play?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have to be connected to get the game to start?
 

So you can just plug in your playstation, turn it on, NEVER connect to the PSN and you can start the game from the main menu?!?!?! WTF SONY?!?!?!? :grumpy: :mad: :ouch: :banghead: Lucky...
 
yes....calm down man....?
 
I have the European/PAL version.... should this be playable without connecting?

Thanks
 
in the european version you have to be connected, too. i can´t think about any sense this should make. if i knew that, i would have bought the boxed version.
 
It seems too me, that the only one's that really is getting somthing out of the download versions is Sony $$$

My Japaneese version wont update.. 1 copy bought..
My Downloaded EU version wont let me change name.. 1 Copy bought..
So To have my name changed to a team name! A New Copy..

Damn Then it's payed alright!!

*Dream Bad stuff about Sony! :o)
Flagmo-T
 
That's really bad. One thing that annoys me on BD version is disc in tray, I scream every time I must get out the game disc when I want to play DVD - and that's quite often. And finally, when I have downloadable version I couldn't take it to my weekend house and spend nice driving times with my friends because no internet connection is there? Weird politics.
 
I'm glad i bought the game at a store. I knew something fishy was going to end up with the download. Hope sony fixes this issue for you bud :(
 
Sphinx wrote : "It is now possible to use your download version of GT5P on more than one PSN ID account. "

He means the USA download version of GT5P, I think. But what about the european download version of GT5P? It only runs from the account your bought and downloaded the game from or it's like the american version?
 
I have DISC version both US and JP, Both games can be playable without SING IN to PSN. You can't play PSN GT5P on multiple accounts because SONY needs to check that you have BOUGHT version and not hacked copied from a HACKED ps3, I would do the same if I was sony.



I known this, but can you play gt5p with your other account?

Again, for disc versions you can play in MULTIPLE accounts, for SAVED DETA all you have to do is to COPY it to other account. Its simple to do, under GT5P save data press Triangle and COPY, choose desired account.
I hear that with PSN copy you can not play in 2 accounts. So I would rather get DISC version.
 
Last edited:
quick update on this. I bought the DL version of the game, and was unable to play under another account (I have the PAL version). Couldn't create my GTP username!
However, Sony patched the problem 2 months ago and you can now play with any PSN account on your PS3. Basically, copying datafile from a DL game was not possible before, now it is.
Only problem is that you must be connected to internet to play.
 
quick update on this. I bought the DL version of the game, and was unable to play under another account (I have the PAL version). Couldn't create my GTP username!
However, Sony patched the problem 2 months ago and you can now play with any PSN account on your PS3. Basically, copying datafile from a DL game was not possible before, now it is.
Only problem is that you must be connected to internet to play.

👍👍 Thanks for info :)
 
no problem! When Sphinx was registering users (GTP username), he had a problem with all the DL users as they couldn't create a new PSN account for the GTP_ username. When a new firmware came out (2.40 I think), he PMed everybody in this situation to let them know that this problem was fixed, I don't know where he got the info from. He is the one to thanks for this info :-)
 
quick update on this. I bought the DL version of the game, and was unable to play under another account (I have the PAL version). Couldn't create my GTP username!
However, Sony patched the problem 2 months ago and you can now play with any PSN account on your PS3. Basically, copying datafile from a DL game was not possible before, now it is.
Only problem is that you must be connected to internet to play.

Thank you :) this is what I want to known. 👍
 
Requiring you to be connected to the internet to play the game might be one of the most ignorant things i've heard of...
 
Back