PSN Interruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
adellanotte
One of my concerns about this is wether the intromission has reached our personal and data bank or not. If yes, we should know before anyone what really happened. Now I don't know if someone has my credit card details and security code, so I've just cancelled it. Sony has not stated anything regarding this, wich for me is totally unacceptable.

We shouldn't forget how long is the Terms and Conditions agreement we accept when signin into services like PSN. They always cover their backs leaving us as simple accepters. It would be interesting if someone with law knowledge read the agreement in a more deep way just to let us know how our rights could have been affected.

And finally I'd like to know what's to happen with those "Plus" users. They obviously should receive a compensation for those non-service paid days.

In my opinion there's a big big problem for Sony, and I think their silence is saying so much.

Your security code isn't stored anywhere, just card number ... anyway, if you are so concerned about security, why you don't delete credit card information after every transaction.

And do you really believe this topic belongs to GT5 section?

Plus users haven't lost a $1 even so I doubt that's the problem for Plus users. Would be nice of Sony to give some reimbursement, but my main concern is that they get the service back up and that it's secure. I'm sure they would have to say something by now if they knew personal info was lost.

Sorry, but this information is false. Security codes DO get stored, along with any other information Sony may have about you.

Can be, don't really remember details, but as I wrote You can fill in credit card information before transaction, that is adding money into your PSN wallet and after that, delete this information from your account. I do that and if OP is so concerned about security he should do it too.

It is an "Interrupt Service Attack", not a steal data attack. Pretty sure our personal data is safe. They've just bombarded the network with so much data noone else could get through. Now if I'm Sony I go get IBM servers, oh wait, Sony makes their own servers! :)

What I do worry about are my Bobs! Bob Smith, Bob Thomas and Bob Johnson. Just want them to come home safe! lol!

I got the yellow light of death the day before the hack. I was so depressed, but looks like I wouldn't have been playing GT5 anyways, maybe would be doing some time trials and tuning mostly.

In my opinion there's a big big problem for Sony, and I think their silence is saying so much.
That's just being paranoid. ;) Which is understandable IMO. Remember, this is hurting Sony a lot more than you; everyday PSN is offline means nobody purchasing games, DLC, etc. as well as people getting fed up with it alltogether. The last thing they would do is keep a CC info breach under the rug and be faced with massive lawsuits later on. ;) I'm not worried at all, and yes, my CC info is in there.

It is an "Interrupt Service Attack", not a steal data attack. Pretty sure our personal data is safe. They've just bombarded the network with so much data noone else could get through. Now if I'm Sony I go get IBM servers, oh wait, Sony makes their own servers! :)

What I do worry about are my Bobs! Bob Smith, Bob Thomas and Bob Johnson. Just want them to come home safe! lol!

Wow way to talk utter nonsense sir. You think 4 or 5 guys just DDOS'd enough to bring down the US and EU PSN networks ? The thought is laughable. You would need a warehouse of computer's at the least to do anything close, a DDOS of that magnitude would involve hundred's even thousands of people all doing it simultaneously.
Please know what your talking about before you inform us with a definitive answer of " It is an interrupt service attack"

Any flood attack like DDOS, LOIC is only suitable for small network. If that took down PSN servers which are designed to handle high volume traffic they have serious issues. Or they have some serious serious IRC Botnet, LOIC or likewise.

Anonymous needed 9000 people to DDOS and LOIC the **** outta visa to bring it down... I'm pretty sure one of 9000 would have spoken about PSN - Not to mention you would need at least double for PSN.
Anonymous is full of "hacktivists", basically full of people that have their own setups. Everything from botnets of their own for personal use/money to booters with hundreds maybe thousands of private shells.
LOIC is good with big numbers, but it's only "a volunteer botnet."

It's never a good idea to be "pretty sure" about anything, including credit details being safe. Who care's anyway? These day's bank's just pay you out if someone takes your cash.

Last edited:
Wow way to talk utter nonsense sir. You think 4 or 5 guys just DDOS'd enough to bring down the US and EU PSN networks ? The thought is laughable. You would need a warehouse of computer's at the least to do anything close, a DDOS of that magnitude would involve hundred's even thousands of people all doing it simultaneously.
Please know what your talking about before you inform us with a definitive answer of " It is an interrupt service attack"

I think you mightfind the processed used to actually infiltrate the network would be LOIC attack(google it). A DDOS is not an infiltration or intrusion as Sony themselves suggested happened. I suggest LOIC because if it was a sub-section of Anonymous then they have been known to use LOIC before.

And i think it's being " pretty sure " that got Sony in this mess in the first place, so it's never a good idea to be "pretty sure" about anything, including credit details being safe. Who care's anyway? These day's bank's just pay you out if someone takes your cash.

That has the be the best abbreviation in the history of IT ever. End of.

One of my concerns about this is wether the intromission has reached our personal and data bank or not. If yes, we should know before anyone what really happened. Now I don't know if someone has my credit card details and security code, so I've just cancelled it. Sony has not stated anything regarding this, wich for me is totally unacceptable.
What does Sony keeping your credit card details in PSN have to do with GT5? I'll answer that for you, nothing. So, why is it here when we already have threads on this in the appropriate forum. (hint, not the GT5 forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back