PSN maintenance?!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 22 comments
  • 2,127 views

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Messages
1,810
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Messages
MonGnoM
i just tried to get online, someone wants to send me a car, but it seems that PSN is under maintenance now.
Is that really the case or is it just my Playsy going crazy?...
 
Says maintenance from 8am to 7pm tonight.
 
That's weird, i've been online about 5 minutes ago.
 
I've literally just came offline for the night, so it can't be anything meaningful. :)
 
What's the Maintenance about? Never heard my friends talking about it maybe it's about the off-track penalty update.
 
What's the Maintenance about? Never heard my friends talking about it maybe it's about the off-track penalty update.

It's general PSN maintenance by Sony, not GT specific.
 
Quick, everyone out of your hacked cars 💡. You never know what could happen.
 
Bluntified
Quick, everyone out of your hacked cars 💡. You never know what could happen.

Ive heard a few rumours that PD started Ip banning people that's using hacked cars and I heard that PD delete your garage so you have to start again.....
 
Ive heard a few rumours that PD started Ip banning people that's using hacked cars and I heard that PD delete your garage so you have to start again.....

A swingin' banhammer wouldn't be too unlikely, given Sony's previous statements regarding cheating:

"Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently," Sony states, "To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems."

This was in regard of the hacked PS3's and use of pirated games though, this case is different since there's no piracy involved, but you never know...

It's general PSN maintenance by Sony, not GT specific.

Yep, and a banhammer wave is likely to come from Sony, not from PD.

As users on PSN everyone has agreed to this in the terms of service:

(the bolds are my markings)

  • You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with SEN, or take or use any data from SEN to design, develop or update such unauthorized software or hardware.
  • You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by SEN for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game.

So... good luck to all "hybrid" owners. PD and Sony must definitely be aware of the "hybrids" by now, and it's definitely not allowed in the terms of use. Only question is what they're going to do about it.
 
You really think they are that worried with a game that's over 2 years old? That would be a negative.
 
You really think they are that worried with a game that's over 2 years old? That would be a negative.

You really think the age of a game affects whether or not Sony care about their ToS being broken? That would be a negative.
 
Probably just that Fazerfan.

I wonder, if I stay offline whenever I use my hybrid and only go online with my backup pre-hacked save file, surely I wouldn't get banned right? :scared:
 
Probably just that Fazerfan.

I wonder, if I stay offline whenever I use my hybrid and only go online with my backup pre-hacked save file, surely I wouldn't get banned right? :scared:

You sound a tad worried, there. :lol:
 
Going a bit off-topic, but Sony never banned people in Gran Turismo 5 ever.... And All Call of Duty`s are modded sure the new ones you get banned but MW2??? Still moddable and no one got banned :P
 
What can they do about the hybrid cars??? Ban every account that has one of those cars? I think not!!
I have 2 hybrid cars, but hey i didnt make them!
A friend sended me one of those (without the borrow glitch)
So i dont have a hacked ps3!!
Ban the ones that have hacked ps3s! But how can they find that out?
 
What can they do about the hybrid cars??? Ban every account that has one of those cars? I think not!!
I have 2 hybrid cars, but hey i didnt make them!
A friend sended me one of those (without the borrow glitch)
So i dont have a hacked ps3!!
Ban the ones that have hacked ps3s! But how can they find that out?

Well thing is you can still do this on a OFW (Original Firmware) So whats so ever we are doing on unhacked Playstation. Sony never banned people in Gran Turismo... and PD never patched this since December 2012.
 
TheKitten
Going a bit off-topic, but Sony never banned people in Gran Turismo 5 ever.... And All Call of Duty`s are modded sure the new ones you get banned but MW2??? Still moddable and no one got banned :P

Yeah, well GT is different to MW2, but I'm sure sony has banned users before
 
Yeah, well GT is different to MW2, but I'm sure sony has banned users before


Well sure. You will be banned if you not on a Official Firmware... Etc....
 
Ive heard a few rumours that PD started Ip banning people that's using hacked cars and I heard that PD delete your garage so you have to start again.....

If they do, I would gladly pay double money for GT6 !!! At least this weeks new TT is no coincidence, I am sure Sony is not gonna let this happen. Oh and they ban your PSN account, meaning GT5 would not be the only game savings (if you have them) you would loose....
 
Back