PSN Sign In error problem.

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 10 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Anybody else getting problems to sign in to the PSN network? I'm unable to at the moment. Already tried a couple times. My internet is fine and all connections also. Problem only with PSN.
Error message: "An error has occured. You have been signed out of PSN (80710016)"

A search at http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network is indicating others are getting problems also. Wondering if others here are experiencing same.

Is it still not working? I'd like this post to be more specific. Is it only happening with GT6 or other games?

Happening on both PS3 and PS4.
On PS3 tried to have a go at the online Seasonals but could get to sign in to PSN. Keep getting error message.
Same on PS4 playing Project Cars.
Seems like a PSN network issue. Strange thing is that the Playstation Network Status website page says "All services are up and running".......But a check on the downdetector.com website reveals a lot of users worldwide are having problems logging in to PSN.

I remember this same thing happened about a year ago and after a while somehow it was rectified. Hoping whatever is causing it gets cleared up soon.

Happening on both PS3 and PS4.
On PS3 tried to have a go at the online Seasonals but could get to sign in to PSN. Keep getting error message.
Same on PS4 playing Project Cars.
Seems like a PSN network issue. Strange thing is that the Playstation Network Status website page says "All services are up and running".......But a check on the downdetector.com website reveals a lot of users worldwide are having problems logging in to PSN.

I remember this same thing happened about a year ago and after a while somehow it was rectified. Hoping whatever is causing it gets cleared up soon.
Reboot your router.

Reboot your router.

I tried that already early o'clock.
I also tried rebooting the console by unplugging the power cord, waiting a while and then plugging it back in....hopefully yo also reboot that too.

Maybe not an exact issue.. but since last night I couldn't access my sky go account on my pc and my wife couldn't connect to it on her pad or laptop?? anyway done some searching on google and it seems that an update had changed the settings in my pc and all other devices and activated internet protocol v6 as shown below

original

Anyway after unchecking and restarting all devices are working again 👍 It's amazing what changes can be made on your own network without your permission or even knowledge? I find it strange that these issues all happened on or after the daylight saving hours automatic updates and maybe something has adjusted your routers time zone or settings in some way? anyway good luck sorting it 👍

I missed the F1 race start this morning and whilst taking a day to solve it.. saw the results on facebook 👎:(

Still nothing. Can't even access PSN's website log in page. Getting "Access denied" message.
One of the thousands of other people worldwide who are experiencing PSN log in issues (according to downdetector,com) said the log in issues may be due to PSN getting hacked recently, I dunno.
Gonna give it some more time, probable a couple days more, to see if it eventually clears up. Real bummer in the meantime though. And it can't only be me because a multitude of other people experiencing same log in problems recently... some days now, others weeks, some longer.

Well, it seems that you're either going to have to wait for a PSN server fix or nuke your entire internet setup and get a new one idk.

Guess what? Fired up the console this evening and was automatically logged in to PSN as usual.
I did nothing different. Guess whatever issues had been resolved. Amen.

I got logged out Tuesday, then PSN said my password was incorrect ( a few times ) and prompted me to change it. That didn't work either. Then my PS3 logged me in automatically with my original password. Weird.

I got logged out Tuesday, then PSN said my password was incorrect ( a few times ) and prompted me to change it. That didn't work either. Then my PS3 logged me in automatically with my original password. Weird.

Weird indeed.

Back