PSN Sign In On Sony's Sites Down

• Thread starter bigfoot69
  • 7 comments
bigfoot69
Sony have taken down PSN sign in on their websites. The PSN still works on PS3 and PSP. This means you cant do remote races from your computer, access GT life online or sign in to any of the playstation forums. Worst of all users that have not used thier account after the networks been back up and are not using the PS3 they made thier PSN account on are now no longer able to reinstate thier account until sony fixes this mess.

Its because people have found a loop hole that allows people access to PSN accounts with just the email address and birth date of psn users (information that is believed to have been comprimised in the initial attacks) First reported by nyleveia its now all over eurogamer and others - http://sony.nyleveia.com/2011/05/17/...till-not-safe/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-18-sonys-psn-password-page-hacked

Ive been trying to change the title to make it focus more on its effect on Gran Turismo 5. This is blocking access to My Gran Turismo and remote racing.

I do understand what he is saying completely. I just cant find any options to let me change the title. Right now its looking to generalised and would go in another section of the forums. I just want it to say "PSN Sign In for My Gran Turismo and Remote Racing is Down

It was nice everything was back up for a day or two, but you had to expect this would happen. There will probably be a few hiccups in the next week or so then everything will smooth out....hopefully

Im quite surprised its happened what with all the time and money they have put behind getting it back up. Atleast there has been a speedy response and hopefully i can start using Bspec Grinder again. It cant sign in and race for me anymore =(

Im quite surprised its happened what with all the time and money they have put behind getting it back up. Atleast there has been a speedy response and hopefully i can start using Bspec Grinder again. It cant sign in and race for me anymore =(

True, but how many engineers did Sony have compared to 77 million users? Even if the first thing that only .01% of those users did was try to find the cracks in the new PSN, that is still more people than Sony could throw at it. It's no different than when PD fixes a glitch, there will always be users on the hunt for the next one.

Back