PSP cars into GT5: waiting for connection

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 21 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
When I try to load my GTpsp cars into GT5. It says: waiting for connection.

Connection = usb cable

Ps3: gt5 running
psp: either in xmb or GTpsp, it keeps saying: waiting for connection.

Did anyone succesfully do this?

When I try to load my GTpsp cars into GT5. It says: waiting for connection.

Connection = usb cable

Ps3: gt5 running
psp: either in xmb or GTpsp, it keeps saying: waiting for connection.

Did anyone succesfully do this?

Start GTPSP and in the options in PSP you have the option to do this.

If you have a PSP Go make sure to go to settings and turn bluetooth off before you try. I couldn't get mine to connect, then I remembered that when you put it into "usb mode" it allways disables bluetooth first. I tried turning the wireless switch off but that didn't work. I disabled it in the settings menu and it finally worked. 👍

Thanks, this helped a lot. I was looking everywhere in the in-game manual. It made no mention of loading GT on PSP before importing garage.
Yeah I had the same problem earlier. Luckily my mate looked on line and found a better description to the manual. I though I wasn't going to be able to do it because my PSP kept freezing but my GTPSP UMD needed a clean so I put a Veyron, GTR V Spec, Citroen GT and Ferrari Enzo on.

If you have a PSP Go make sure to go to settings and turn bluetooth off before you try. I couldn't get mine to connect, then I remembered that when you put it into "usb mode" it allways disables bluetooth first. I tried turning the wireless switch off but that didn't work. I disabled it in the settings menu and it finally worked. 👍
Oh yes ! Thank you so much for this tips.
I was looking for a solution to this problem. Now it works ;.. but GT PSP cars cannot be used in GT5 Life Mode :nervous:

aww man, i keep getting transfer failed...! and i am going on the right options and all! ive got a psp 1000 if that makes any difference. would keep trying but its installing data to my ps3 as i type!!
any one else got any tips? sortov hard when the games been release for 24 hours and 15 minutes (at the time im typing!)

Oh yes ! Thank you so much for this tips.
I was looking for a solution to this problem. Now it works ;.. but GT PSP cars cannot be used in GT5 Life Mode :nervous:

i was disappointed to but i realized that its better like this .. that way we can enjoy the Career the way Kaz intended us to

I'm gonna try that, I'm having the same problem. Every time I want to export my cars to GT5 it says "connection Failed"

I have the same problem, transfer failed. I notice that when I connect my psp the ps3 shows a message that a usb device isn't recognized. The funny thing is that I have almost a complete roster on the psp (loved the cockpit view).

I have the same problem, transfer failed. I notice that when I connect my psp the ps3 shows a message that a usb device isn't recognized. The funny thing is that I have almost a complete roster on the psp (loved the cockpit view).

i seem to be having the same problem as you! but i dont know anything about no ' roster' thing...!
any one found a way around the problem by any chance?

in GT5 go to options and select import from PSP, in PSP start GT PSP, go to options and select export garage and it works ;)

um quick question... when you transfer your psp to gt5 do you lose all of your cars/cash in psp aswell? and can you add more credits that you earn later to gt5 again or is it a one time trade like in gt4? thanks!

um quick question... when you transfer your psp to gt5 do you lose all of your cars/cash in psp aswell? and can you add more credits that you earn later to gt5 again or is it a one time trade like in gt4? thanks!

no, you don't lose nothing in GT PSP and GT PSP Cars are only available in arcade mode, and once imported to GT5 they stay's there and you can choose and change the 50 cars to play in arcade mode, in GT5 carrer mode you have to start from zero ;) better for me, else no FUN on gt5 if you start with 800 cars in GT5 carrer :P

Oky so i also have a Psp 1000, and keep getting connection failed too, n unrecognised usb device, this is so annoying i want my Veyron!

I found out why i dont work!!!
the game saves are 'region locked' so in other words if GTPSP is a US version and GT5 is a EUR version, it wont work because of the different regions!
sucks i nooooo!

I found out why i dont work!!!
the game saves are 'region locked' so in other words if GTPSP is a US version and GT5 is a EUR version, it wont work because of the different regions!
sucks i nooooo!
Hey your on to something, my gt is from Europe and it's not downloading, good thing they are cheap games now, I have like 2 other copies from Amarica😅👍

13 years later wow

Back