PSP Region free?

• Thread starter MRP
  • 6 comments

MRP

hi
sorry if this question is already answered... im planning to buy a psp ( at Canada) and i wanna know if i would be able to play imported Japanese games cuz i want Initial D Super Street so bad :nervous: . or do i need to hack it to make it region free for games? and forget about the movie region lock since i wouldn't watch movie on it.

Thx in advance

jammyozzy
From what little I remeber, games aren't region specific, but films still are.
That's correct, but if you want to play mulitplayer with other friends and PSP's, you need the same exact version of the game or it wont work.

I don't think you'd want to mod your PSP anyway. I DO have the Japanese 2.0 firmware, but it has no impact on my movie(s) or games. In fact, it works just fine. I couldn't imagine having to solder a mod chip in it though.... *shudders in fear*

There are some game that are region coded. NFSU:R is region coded from my experiences. i had the euro version (got it from an import freak) and it wouldnt load on my american psp, but the american version of Rivals loaded just fine.

I notice one thing games from outside your original region(I have a north american PSP(Canada),and it's slower loading time on a Japanese Import game maybe it's just me?)

Back