PSVR - tips for the best immersive experience in GT Sport (Wheel + Manual car + no roof)

• Thread starter physans
  • 10 comments
Here are my tips so far for the ultimate PSVR experience with GT sport:
1) Use a steering wheel with PSVR (obviously)!
2) Drive a roadster / convertible - you feel more 'out there' in the world around you than if you are in an enclosed car. So far I like the X-Bow R best, as the shifter is on the right, and you
3) Drive a track with lots of elevation change, and sharp turns (so you have to look around and use head tracking, which is really fun and immersive)!
4) If your steering wheel setup also has a traditional shifter, drive a manual car - preferably a car that actually is a manual in the game, as you can see your 'arm' and shifting in your interior field of view.
5) Enjoy the experience! The goal is enjoyment and experience, not setting lap times in this mode. And yes, it really is enjoyable and immersive!

Although I still prefer playing GT6, my cousin loaned me his PS4 Pro + PS VR, so I immediately bought the cronusmax, because I still play GT6 on PS3, and I can't have 2 wheels in my room.

It's not as immersive as Oculus Rift with Assetto Corsa (having experinced that as well), but mainly because the hardware / resolution isn't as good, and view distance is what matters in a driving game (smaller / more dense pixels is far better when focusing in on the distant horizon).

The benefit of the old G27 wheel is that I can actually shift manual cars in VR mode, which gives it that little extra difference of feeling more immersive. Unfortunately, driving the Miata is strange because the shifter is on the left (Japanese style).

Which tracks and manual roadsters do you like driving in PSVR?

Thank you Kaz & PD for bringing this mode to us!

Last edited:
Yep all my favorite cars in PSVR are convertible and the samba because it lets so much light in.
If I listed...
330 P4
XJ13
Cobra
F1 car
Samba

One thing I noticed from someones PSVR drift video... you can run the track backwards and do as many laps as you want in PSVR...

Ahem
Ahmen, yep Japan is RHD.
I've been thinking about getting a shifter just for PSVR, but I would probably set it for LHD cars as the shifter is on my right in most PSVR cars I use.

How steep does Bathurst feel in VR. I always feel like the in game perspectives never give it any justice.

Oh, and #6 Get your friends to shake your seat when you accelerate or brake.

How steep does Bathurst feel in VR. I always feel like the in game perspectives never give it any justice.

Oh, and #6 Get your friends to shake your seat when you accelerate or brake.

Not just Bathurst, but Nurb and Dragon Trail too.
Driving in the VR mode gives you a lot more perspective on how much hill you actually climb in some areas of track that don't really look like a hill at all when you're driving without VR.

Yeh nurb is surprisingly hilly, I ran the track backwards today and was completely lost. I spun out and was sat sideways reading the graffiti on a wall/barrier I had never noticed driving forwards at speed. If I remember I'll post a screen shot from there tomorrow, because from side view even on TV it relays just how steep some parts are.

Last edited:
Not just Bathurst, but Nurb and Dragon Trail too.
Driving in the VR mode gives you a lot more perspective on how much hill you actually climb in some areas of track that don't really look like a hill at all when you're driving without VR.

The big dip before the banked right turn on Maggiore... I tried the game in VR at a friends tonight and it made my stomach drop the first time I went over that dip. MUCH more pronounced in VR.

However, we both struggled with nausea feeling tonight. Partly I think that's because the resolution looks really low and the distance seemed very blurry. But that was on a PS4 not a Pro. How much difference does the Pro make in VR mode, anyone?

Well I tried to capture the difference between cockpit view and PSVR for the sense of hills.

upload_2018-3-9_11-5-53.png

@sirjim73 I haven't played GTS on PS4 non pro, here is good video - I bet the difference is even bigger post 5.50, but I would love to hear other peoples experience

Edit - @BallPtPenTheif here I tried to capture the mountain

Last edited:
Wow, so many details I never noticed in normal gameplay, like that massive hotel complex to the right of the Armorall arch on Bathurst. How the hell did I never notice that before?

Well I tried to capture the difference between cockpit view and PSVR for the sense of hills.

View attachment 720387

@sirjim73 I haven't played GTS on PS4 non pro, here is good video - I bet the difference is even bigger post 5.50, but I would love to hear other peoples experience

Edit - @BallPtPenTheif here I tried to capture the mountain

OK, if there's 10 differences to spot between the left and right, there's a yellow car in the right picture :lol:

More seriously, this is really useful thanks. You can see the massive blurring in the PS4 version on the left which was what I noticed last night and which I'm sure was making me more :yuck::lol:

Back