PSVR2 - Cockpit Position Moving

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello Fellow Racers!!

Okay, so this may be somewhere else but I couldn't find so please redirect me if so.

How on Earth do you stop the cockpit view moving around between races? I just did Race C, daily races. Qualifying I reset the camera in the pause screen and it sets me a bit too high in the cockpit, but I hunker down and comfortably and I'm in the perfect position for a LMP car.

Come the race, in VR it appears I have gone from being 5'10 to 6'10 tall and I am scraping my head on the roof. I squish myself down, awkwardly in the car and it's still. I persevere like the hero that I am.

I pit, coming out of the pit the position has changed yet again, with the wheel off centre and it's unbearable. I find this a lot. I would love the VR2 to stop moving me around in the car when Im Vritual Reality strapped into a set...

Any Ideas? This is really, really, really annoying me....

Hello Fellow Racers!!

Okay, so this may be somewhere else but I couldn't find so please redirect me if so.

How on Earth do you stop the cockpit view moving around between races? I just did Race C, daily races. Qualifying I reset the camera in the pause screen and it sets me a bit too high in the cockpit, but I hunker down and comfortably and I'm in the perfect position for a LMP car.

Come the race, in VR it appears I have gone from being 5'10 to 6'10 tall and I am scraping my head on the roof. I squish myself down, awkwardly in the car and it's still. I persevere like the hero that I am.

I pit, coming out of the pit the position has changed yet again, with the wheel off centre and it's unbearable. I find this a lot. I would love the VR2 to stop moving me around in the car when Im Vritual Reality strapped into a set...

Any Ideas? This is really, really, really annoying me....
You have to make sure your head is centered when you go into the car but you're doing the vertical alignment wrong. If the seating position is too high, then you make yourself sit tall and upright as it goes to the car, then when you relax down to your normal position the viewpoint will move down too. If you're too low, then you hunker down as it goes to the car, and then you move back up to your normal position.

You can also enable tracking support on your TV which should help the headset know where it is.

Like daan said, you just have to keep reseting from the pause menu by pressing and holding 'options' until you're at a position good enough. I always move my head forward and up slightly whenever the car re-enters the track either from pit or from the race menu.

Your position resets every time you go back in the car, and that includes coming out of the pits. Therefore you need to make sure you're facing the right direction at the right height every time it resets or you need to correct it yourself either by holding the options button or by double tapping the passthrough button.

Enabling the tracking support helps prevent the image from drifting so I'd also suggest doing that like daan said.

Last edited:
It's so annoying you can't select a default position for a each car. Sometimes you forget to have your head just so. Take the McLaren Gr3 for example. If you don't shift your position slightly to the left before the VR kicks in, you'll be slightly to the right. So much so that it makes you want to shift your position.

It's so annoying you can't select a default position for a each car. Sometimes you forget to have your head just so. Take the McLaren Gr3 for example. If you don't shift your position slightly to the left before the VR kicks in, you'll be slightly to the right. So much so that it makes you want to shift your position.
100% agreed, as much as the advise above is appreciated it's ridiculous that in the heat of battle you have to remember to extend neck, sit forward and upstraight, a bit to the left/ right, as you're about to go in or you'll spend the race wonky!! it's like the gearing on the 3,2,1 countdown before a race as well; why sometimes does that leave you max revved up as it sends you live! fix these things per favore!

why sometimes does that leave you max revved up as it sends you live!
This is actually my personal biggest issue with the game.
Start race -> rev high -> restart -> try for about 10-20 times and suddenly
Start race -> change gears -> be faster and have more fuel

Back