PSVR2 - Headphones

• Thread starter B80
  • 2 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hello hello,

Sorry if wrong section here guys, but as most vr2 players on this forum will play gt7 (I assume...), felt this would get more traction here.

So for my series x and ps5 I use Mezes Classics 99 - they're too bulky for the psv2, and don;t squeeze onto my head as a result, so theres a slight gap between my ears and headphones.

Anyone here happen to have Sony (PS?) headphones and able to confirm that they fit fine with vr2 (assume they will, being PS headphones!), and that sound quality is noticeably better versus standard vr2 in ears please.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Check this video out from IGN. The headphones he is using for the demo are obviously the Sony Pulse 3D and do work with the PSVR2. ....but take note of his remarks about the combo feeling a bit bulky and making it difficult (for him) to get the VR set ideally for his eyes.

I think this s a big "YMMMV" kind of thing given the different shapes of peoples heads, etc., but the two are meant to work together. I recall reading another review where someone said it didn't feel bad at all. ...far from as bulky as it looked and quite immersive.

All the pictures I found do show the contact the 3D Pulse and PSVR2 make at the top of the headphone cans so its obviously a close fit. Whether that's a "perfect" fit or causes interference to get one or both in an ideal position for you is the question. I don't own the PSVR2 but I do have the Pulse 3D headphones. ....I really like them.

Last edited:
1677083767260.png

once it sits, it fits.
But I was a bit nervous of putting the headset over it, I thought I was bending it too strong.

Back