PSVR2: Why does it ask me to rescan in the middle of the game?

• Thread starter Carl Sagan
  • 10 comments
Germany
Germany
This started to happen more often. mid of the gt7 game, psvr2 switches to augmented mode and asks me to rescan the area. and stops the game.
then rescanning is almost impossible.

what am I doing wrong?

is it because of the playseat & the wheel?

You might not have the space lit well enough, the headset might be struggling to find the references.
Can confirm, this is an issue for me. Happens whenever I forget to turn the lights on

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but part of me wonders if my dog coming into the room was causing this as well.

My tracking/scanning issues all went away by turning up the lights in my room to full brightness and turning on tracking support in the psvr2 settings

Lights are switched on.

This is weird because i noticed it happens on nordschleife at around Stefan-Bellof-S corner at random times. Happened like 3 times out of 4 laps yesterday.

Last edited:
The helmet cameras that do the position mapping and tracking can be dazzled when looking directly at light sources and that includes your own television. Surely you need more homogeneous lighting. You can turn off your television if you don't want to share the view with anyone and your problems will surely be solved. Another solution that I am using effectively is to activate an option in the configuration menu that creates a frame on the television that helps tracking.
To enable Tracking Support on PSVR 2, go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2 > Tracking Support and turn the option on.

vlcsnap-2023-02-21-19h21m56s518-860x484.png

Lights are switched on.

This is weird because i noticed it happens on nordschleife at around Stefan-Bellof-S corner at random times. Happened like 3 times out of 4 laps yesterday.
How are your VR legs coming along?? are they improving can you do the nordschleife now without becoming VR sick?? :)

Back