"Public" Nurburgring online

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurboLevin2NV
  • 21 comments
  • 1,311 views
Messages
388
I was thinking, since the 'Ring (or Nurb', whichever you prefer) is so massive, I thought it would be cool if it was sort of like a virtual lobby type thing where if you enter the "room" a.k.a 'Ring then you end up in the parking/pits area right next to the start. You can change settings in a sub menu and pull onto the track at will. You can also choose to stay there and talk to people in the pit/parking area. If anyone wanted to race someone else it'd be either for just fun or bragging rights, no points awarded. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it would be cool to have like 50 cars in the "room" at the same time, whether they're out running laps or parked n' chillin.

It'd be fun to harass the newbs in my Levin, just come up behind up and intimidate em. lol j/k, but if they were pissin me off I would, either that or just choke their asses with my exhaust.
 
One of the problems of this idea is that only 6 guys can get on track at once.

The difference I see in your post and in what they will most likely do is allowing 50 people in a single room.

Now if the spectator rumor is true, this is possible, but probably up to a point, 6 drivers and 5-10 spectators maximum. The spectators and drivers should be able to swap

The previous paragraph seems more probable. Do you like that idea?
 
Yeah, THATS so much better. when you pullin, you can change settings and watch other or talk, and 6 out on the track. I like that idea.
 
Earth
The spectators and drivers should be able to swap.
I pray to god that will be in GT4's online mode, as long as specs can come and go, this would enable endurance racing with driver changes!
 
thats an excellent point not touched on yet! enduro driver changes BUT the drivers are not on the same ps2. would be a nice feature!
 
that would make for a great team battle with 6 teams/clans battling to come first!!!
 
I will be happy if the online side of GT will just allow clans to have battles on the RING .
All the other possibilities that have been mentioned will be a massive bonus ,i mean being able to sit in a pit area & view a lap of a player in replay mode , then immediatley after they have finished - go out and try and beat it is just an awsome possibilty .if PD pull this off i will be a very happy man indeed as
This is something I have wanted since I started playing GT all those years ago .

ONLINE PLAY - ON THE RING !!!!!

I mean , can it get any better

I know KAZ , has stated that PD will endeavour to make as much of the one player game available online as they can , but i cant help wondering " are they going to be able to utilise the full car set up options online ".

I would be absolutely gutted to find out that , PD have only been able to go online with arcade cars , or only use a small portion of the car set up options .

To me GT , is all about the car set up's , and tweaking them .....
If this is not incorporated , then it might just aswell be PGR2 on ps2.....and that would be bad ............... would it not ????
 
ERB
If this is not incorporated , then it might just aswell be PGR2 on ps2.....and that would be bad ............... would it not ????

No, PGR2 is fun. Easily one of the best XBL games.
 
hey, that's a wicked idea!
I'd change a couple things though like instead of having only six people on the track make it like 10-20 people in the pit or just driving around the circuit and when you want to race someone just pull out of the pit and go, no start lights or anything.
 
I'd like all free run races to be open rooms. Like where if one person joins, another one can come in at any time. Still with a max of 6, but it would be kind of neat for practicing and congregating.
 
Just 6 people at a time on the 'Ring would be enough, but 50? NO game can handle that.
 
Ev0
I pray to god that will be in GT4's online mode, as long as specs can come and go, this would enable endurance racing with driver changes!

excellent point there mate. that is a superb idea i think.
 
I think that exactly that is possible in Grand Prix Legends. Not only on the Ring, but on most existing tracks.
 
....hmmmm....not bad idea......
whhaaa i want the ring now immediately!!!
....my firend wrote a letter to a magazine called "PlayZone" and he asked if he can get the demos of some games like GT4,GTA San Andreas,Silent Hill 4:the room and he said that he would pay 20 €uros for each demo(!!!!!!)....and they said YES for this offer but do u think they are allowed to "sell" the demos of the manufactures???
and i ask myself how much is the minimum they want for a demo(i want the BMW series 1 demo--->the ring YEAHHH)but don´t want to pay more than 10€ ofr a demo with two cars and about five tracks!!!
 
GT-One Lover
....hmmmm....not bad idea......
whhaaa i want the ring now immediately!!!
....my firend wrote a letter to a magazine called "PlayZone" and he asked if he can get the demos of some games like GT4,GTA San Andreas,Silent Hill 4:the room and he said that he would pay 20 €uros for each demo(!!!!!!)....and they said YES for this offer but do u think they are allowed to "sell" the demos of the manufactures???
and i ask myself how much is the minimum they want for a demo(i want the BMW series 1 demo--->the ring YEAHHH)but don´t want to pay more than 10€ ofr a demo with two cars and about five tracks!!!
But if you simply wait a little bit longer til the BMW 1 series is launched on September 18th ( I believe that is the launch date ), then you should be able to go to your local BMW dealer, and get yourself a copy. FREE :)

And at that point, you make me a copy, and ship it over here!!!
 
...ok but here are only opel,honda and toyota dealers for bmw, porsche, vw and merceds i have to drive 15 minutes with bus but for the free demo it´s worth!!!!!!
....but can i just go to a bmw dealer and say:""hello there i just wanted to ask if i can get the "BMW series 1 virtual drive" demo,can i have this GT4 demo please???""

..or should i go with my father and look for a X3(my father is going to buy an SUV
in 2005-->he wanted a toyota RAV4 but X3 could also be a possibility!)or sit in Z4 and
then just ask about the demo????
which alternative is the better one??

....hmmmm.......
 
Good idea.

I actully hope for GT5 they just take GT4 and add damage, 3D rims, 20+ cars per track and a somewhat small upgrade in graphics quality/resolution. Leave the big stuff for GT6.

Now that really would be the best game ever.
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
Good idea.

I actully hope for GT5 they just take GT4 and add damage, 3D rims, 20+ cars per track and a somewhat small upgrade in graphics quality/resolution. Leave the big stuff for GT6.

Now that really would be the best game ever.
Sounds good. 👍
 
Why would you hold back and leave stuff for the next game if it can be done for the current game?
 
Kinda gettin off topic here.....but jus tto answer yeah I don't think we can push the PS2 much farther. Better DVD-roms might help, but I know that the PS3 will have a lot more power so yeah.....
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
Good idea.

I actully hope for GT5 they just take GT4 and add damage, 3D rims, 20+ cars per track and a somewhat small upgrade in graphics quality/resolution. Leave the big stuff for GT6.

Now that really would be the best game ever.


More cars would be nice, not trivial, but nice, damage is a must, rims are pretty much guaranteed, graphics would look significantly better because of higher resolution even with the same engine, but you left out the most important thing...
even more realistic physics, i'm still hoping GT4 will REALLY deliver in this area, GT4P physics were nothing special, but evryone who has played newer builds says that it's the real deal...

i think they shouldn't release GT5 as just an upgrade like you mention, for that they could just make GT4+ or something (GT4, just more cars, higher resolution, a few new tracks, etc) and get to work on a TRUE next generation game for the PS3, GT3 wasn't really a "next gen" game at all, played pretty much the same as GT2 did, with GT5 they should write a whole new engine, with really nice graphics, but more importantly, accurate physics.. and of course, Ferrari and Porsche.
 
Back