Pukekohe Park Raceway track day on 29th July

Nismonath5

Premium
New Zealand
South Auckland, New Zealand
Nismonath5
Calling all Kiwi racers!!!

Hooncorp is an organisation that has been around in Auckland NZ for years. They primarily provide low cost fun motorsport and social events for rookies and professionals alike, encouraging people to be smart and save their fast and furious antics for the racetrack, not the road.

We have hired Pukekohe Park Raceway for July 29th, 10:30 till 4:30 for a track day, and we need entrants! This day will be going ahead rain, hail or shine! The day will consist of as many 20 minute sessions as we can cram in, with the classes as follows..

-Road cars (Non caged cars)
-Race cars (Caged cars
-Dirt Track & Speedway cars

18527747_1498837373486962_7939621979513567432_n.jpg

Normal track day rules apply. Helmets must be worn, flameproof race suits are preferred, though cotton clothing is also adviseable. Cars must be safe, but no WOF or rego needed. Common sense is the key. If it's got a broken right indicator it will be fine, but if it's been T-boned, rolled, and hasn't seen the inside of a garage in years, then you might need to reconsider.
We have decided to limit this one to 100 spots. Drivers are $100 (Regular test days are $175+), passengers are $20, spectators are free!

If you're interested or have any queries, then drop me a private message and I'll pass on registration info or answer you.

Some Q&A...
Q: My car failed it's last warrant! Can I race it?
A: As long as you won't crash first lap out the gate, then you're okay! All you really need is working taillights, safe seatbelts / harnesses and a brain in your head!

Q: You're allowing Speedway cars?! But they don't have taillights...
A: It's not hard to install some simple LED tailights, no matter how out-of-place they may look, if they work, they're ok! We have had Streetstocks and Dirt Track Cars race around Pukekohe in the past with no problems, and a lot of fun! Most of them never hit 3rd gear on the speedway, so to be able to pull 5th gear while doing 170+km/h is quite the rush for them!

Q: Only $100? What's the catch...
A: There is none. Hooncorp's all about delivering cheap, enjoyable motorsports for drivers of all skill levels, disciplines, and financial statuses!

Q: You have very vague classes. What if a Ferrari F430 and a Nissan March are in the same class?
A: Normal track day rules apply, both on and off the track. If Mr. Ferrari is going to be overtaking cars every 4-5 laps, it'll be his responsibility to ensure that he does so in a safe and responsible manner. On the flip side, it's the job of the March driver to hold his line and allow the Ferrari to make the move. Moving over to let him pass, as generous as it is, has caused quite some problems in the past.

Q: I want to race my motorbike!
A: Sorry, we won't be running motorbikes this time.

Q: What if you get 101 entrants?
A: If the demand exceeds our limit, we'll definately host another event further down the line!

Back