Pulp Fiction 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjboi
  • 6 comments
  • 529 views
Messages
125
:sly: Just got finished watching Kill Bill Vol.2 (awesome flick, btw), and it got me thinking a bit about a Pulp Fiction sequel. After all, Kill Bill Vol.2 is closer in spirit to the films of Tarantino's "golden years" than Vol.1 and Jackie Brown, and maybe it's about time he made a sequel to his greatest work, Pulp Fiction. Any thoughts?[/COLOR]
 
I would not like that. Don't ruin a classic with sequals, like what happened with the Matrix. Pupl Fiction is one of my favorite movies of all time (and I've only seen it once :D) and I don't want to see a sequal.
 
WARNING: SPOILERS!!

Kill Bill Vol.2 sucked ass. Never have I been so underwhelmed by a director with such potential as Tarantino. Splitting the movie into two parts was a stupid idea, because it wasn't long enough for that in the first place; originally it was around 3 hrs, and he didn't think people would want to sit for that long for a movie (which is dumb - Lord of the Rings anyone?). So he split it into two parts, and padded the second half with a lot of garbage and drawn-out shots. He claims he "discovered" a whole bunch of scenes he just had to film, and that's why it was divided, but if the movie was shot altogether, why was the second half delayed? Because Tarantino has turned into a moneyWHORE, just like everyone else in Hollywood. Ever wonder why each movie was released on a low-grade, no-features DVD initially? So Tarantino can release a "2-disc volume" with all the features. He knows the brainwashed morons who constitute his fanbase will not be able to wait long for this set to come out, and will buy the DVDs as they are now anyway. This way he can reap 2x the profit. Well I ain't buying it no more, buddy boy.

The next time you think about making me wait 8 months for Uma Thurman to actually get around to "killing Bill" and then try to hand me a sitting-in-chairs fight that lasts 2 minutes, and top it all off with five taps to the chest and having Bill get up and walk away, dying with his back to us, instead think about cramming the whole thing up your wazoo and blowing it out your sphincter.

Don't give me this crap about "the second half was supposed to be a western" because I can see crap filmmaking when it's in front of me. What's with that last scene where Uma is writhing around on the bathroom floor, balling her eyes out?

Everything that was cool in Kill Bill Vol.1 was nowhere to be seen in Vol.2. Great strategy, Mr. Tarantino.

And since Vol.2 wasn't a sequel at all, I don't know why you think any of his other movies should get sequels. Sequels in Hollywood are known as "Whore's Movies" according to William Goldman. Made for one reason and one reason alone: MONEY.

Tarantino's best storytelling and character work can be seen in Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Period.
 
From what I have read (Various Sources) Kill Bill was originally supposed to be a 4hr movie that many Tarrantino fans were looking forward to. But eventually Tarrantino was persuaded to cut it into 2 parts (Vol.1 + Vol.2)

I think it is abit unfair to call Trantino a Money whore. No doubt the Studios have alot of influence in the marketing and packagin of the product.
 
Hey, Anderton.

It would be quite appreciated if you USED SPOILER TAGS.

Thanks.
 
Zrow
Hey, Anderton.

It would be quite appreciated if you USED SPOILER TAGS.

Thanks.
Sorry, I didn't think anyone on GTP hadn't seen Vol.2 yet. Once again, I apologize.

But in my opinion the movie was pure crap-ola anyway. With someone like Tarantino directing, you can bet he had most of the influence on the movie...he makes so much money on his films! I heard he was shooting a regular movie, and then "realized" he had all this extra footage to shoot, and split it into two movies. But a lot of stuff from both films could have been cut out...it felt like the second one in particular was pretty padded and inflated. Oh well, that's my 2 cents...
 
Wasn't a scene from Vice City (Lance and Tommy getting the M4's out of the trunk) stolen from pulp fiction? I'll have to see this one. Oh, there are so many great movies I have yet to see in my lifetime...
 
Back