Pulsing throttle on some cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yames14
  • 8 comments
  • 1,442 views
Messages
4
United States
United States
I have noticed, no matter how the transmission is tuned, a severely pulsing throttle on the Hellcat and LC500. Is this supposedto happen? It definitely slows the car some.
 
Do you have TCS on? That might be the reason
Or it might be that your controller/steering wheel has something wrong with your gas input. I can't apply to much pressure on the gas on my G29 (just barely enough for 100%) because if I do the throttle would go haywire
 
Took a while to respond, sorry. Anyway, it happens with tcs on and off, and the hellcat and LC are the only cars it happens with. The screen is displaying full throttle, it's just the rpms are pulsing.
 
May be silly question, but to be sure.
Are you sure you're not in the rev limiter?
 
Lol, no, maybe I'm not being clear enough. It's like the rpms don't build linearly under full throttle, they pulse as they build.
 
Have you tried the AMG Gr3? With longer gearbox it does the same, I guess. A video would be good to show it.
 
I believe it is because you may not have enough torque and/or acceleration sensitivity. Sometimes this causes the effect you are explaining; at least from my observations.
 
I have noticed, no matter how the transmission is tuned, a severely pulsing throttle on the Hellcat and LC500. Is this supposedto happen? It definitely slows the car some.
I've noticed that when the transmission is set too wide. It happened with the tomahawk x for me.
 
I had the hellcat set up for a Bulmo run, so the gears were way longer. After trying it in standard, the pulsing was still there but barely noticeable. The LC was in standard the whole time though, but its not very fast anyway so whatever lol Should i just deal with the pulsing on a high-speed track then? I can't really tell if it affects performance at like 200mph.
 
Back