Purchasing F1 clothing at a race.

• Thread starter Sonzilla
  • 9 comments
I'll be attending the Austin race and I'm curious to know what the price is for example a Mclaren Mercedes Cap when purchased at a race? Compared to online having to pay shipping.

When I was in England I payed 20 pounds for my Lewis cap.

If I bought it online to ship here to the US it would've been like $50 USD.

It depends on where you live really. Sometimes you can luck out and actually find a retailer in the US that has F1 merch in stock.

But if you were to buy a hat at the track, you know it's going to be pumped up in price, I suggest you buy elsewhere unless you're really into the novelty of purchasing things from official vendors.

My Red Bull cap at Silverstone last year cost £25. Shirts and jackets can cost up to £100.

It's unlikely to be any cheaper since it's the vendors big chance to cash in each season, however, you're more likely to be able to haggle a discount whilst you're there if you were to be buying a few items. I bought three 1/18th die-casts at Silverstone during a BTCC race, only paid £180 for all three, which was effectively £60 off, basically because I was there waving cash under the guys nose.

Besides, if you want a Mclaren cap, wait till next year and buy a Lewis one.. be MUCH cheaper by then ;)

I got a Brawn shirt at Autosport International 2010, after they had announced that they were becoming Mercedes. To this day it is still one of the most comfortable shirts I own.

Find a merchandise store online. Race stall prices are ridiculous.

During the Malaysian GP, the prices of merchandise are similar to those selling online. The lanyard and ticket holder for example costs MYR60 online and is also MYR60 at race stalls. Also, I'd recommend you to check over the online store first before buying the merchandise that you like for you to compare the price. Sometimes, on either of those 3 days there might be merchandises at a discounted prices so do watch them out. They may come unnoticed, at all! I bought my McLaren cap of Jenson Button for MYR100 on Friday but comes Saturday, they bumped up the price to MYR150 so do watch for some strangely cheap prices ;)

Buy at the end of the weekend when they are shutting up. Make them a cheeky offer. You may be suprised. That's what I always do, and often get a bargain.

Buy at the end of the weekend when they are shutting up. Make them a cheeky offer. You may be suprised. That's what I always do, and often get a bargain.

Yep, but you have to stand the risk of merchandise that you want to buy running out of stock. I was about to buy a Ferrari backpack at Sepang earlier this year but they ran out of stock by Sunday evening.

Latest Posts

Back