Pure Rock Crawling (Steam / PC)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Anyone else pick this up? Still early access I believe, hopefully they keep making updates. Would be nice to have more vehicles and some customization options. Bigger maps would also be great. The physics are pretty good, though not a fan of the Brake and Reverse being on the same button on the controller (ala GTA) as it's a bit touchy. Custom button assignments should be added as well so we can map reverse somewhere else. The "Stages" mode is frustrating sometimes as it's basically a race through 10 gates that has to be completed in 5 minutes. I found that some paths to get to the gates or through the gates were a bit difficult to maneuver and sometimes the vehicle would rock over to one side and touch the cone.

Overall, as an off roading fan I would say it's worth the $15 for early access (on sale right now 10% off I believe).

20180415213113_1.jpg
20180415213238_1.jpg

I found out about this game yesterday and it is still updated. It looks like a lot of fun but for me personally I think that the lack of speed in certain stages is going to become tiresome.

Cockpit view is probably going to be added. Steering wheel control is already added.

This game looks similar to Screamer 4x4.

The base game as it is right now is very boring. The cars are so slow, even in high gear that it is not realistic and fun anymore. I believe that real life rock crawling cars, some of them at least, are capable of normal speeds. I have no idea if the physics, tire and suspension models are realistic but according to real life rock crawlers, this game is very realistic in that department.

The content is very limited, the gameplay even more. There is a lack of details like a driver behind the wheel. The maps look gorgeous and so do the car models. The cars are very detailed and you can see the driveshaft turning when using the throttle.

I hope the content and gameplay will improve a lot. The developer loved 1nsane and I hope he will include gameplay of that off road game in his game.

Back