Purple vertical line on screen?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grandea GTR
  • 4 comments
  • 1,324 views
Messages
5,065
United States
Fort Worth
Messages
That_sneaky_azN
So I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. After using it and letting it charge, a few hours later I turn it back on and suddenly a bright purple vertical line shows up to the left of my screen.

Anyone know what causes this, and what I am able to do to solve the problem?
 
Had a coworker who had a Galaxy S6 Edge do the same thing. They (meaning Verizon) told him it was due to overheating damaging the screen. Can't really comment if it was true though.
 
It is a bad LCD panel.
Lodge for warranty if you still have it
 
Badly welded LCD panel. I got a Galaxy Note 10.1 that suffers even worse when slightly heating: Complete scramble onscreen with lines and patterns. Turn off the screen for 5 minutes then back on normal for next 20 minutes.

Claim a warranty.
 
If that line appears whatever the display is showing then the panel has gone. They are divided into vertical segments fed by a ribbon cable and one had obviously failed or become loose.
 
Back