- 13,827

- Down under
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
have you ever heard of water injection??, it works well
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
have you ever heard of water injection??, it works well
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Secondly, from what I remember reading a while back, revving the engine in neutral IS bad. When an engine is revved high on the move i.e. in gear, the pistons and piston heads have the inertia of the engine/transmission to move against.
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
With the car stationary, the only force keeping the piston-head from flying into the cylinder head is the piston. It is extra stress on the components that, for the most part, is unnecessary.
I understand this is just something you read, it's also just plain wrong.Originally posted by Mike Rotch
With the car stationary, the only force keeping the piston-head from flying into the cylinder head is the piston. It is extra stress on the components that, for the most part, is unnecessary.
Well what I read was something to that effect anyway.
Originally posted by McLaren'sAngel
hiya again![]()
So what do you mean by it WILL shorten the life of your Engine
"But as said previously, it WILL shorten the life of your engine, and you DEFINITELY wanna wait till it's at it's constant operating temp."
And also, about how you said about people with Automatics, Reving it in Nuetral and then putting it in D "Drive", do you mean as in more like Rev it and dont put it on D until the transmission rotation STOPS in the engine and then put it on D?
![]()
. I think past the rev limiter is when your engine risks serious damage regardless of whether its in neutral or not.
hiya!![]()
I am not a "technical" smarty yet like all you geniuses, I am only a "basic" VERY BASIC type gurly
I am only familiar with basic stuff like the type of cars that have drives like, FF, RR 4WD etc. V8, V6, Inline-6 and it goes on
![]()
Anyways... yea I am a basic compared to all you smarties![]()
![]()
hiya!![]()
Well I do know something about carsBut its a sad thing how I only pretty much learn it from playing Gran Turismo 3
The purpose of learning from it is to help me understand and "know" the car a bit. And I also conduct alot of research online about certain cars that are popular such as the Skylines, RUF, Vipers and it goes on and on
![]()
I am not a "technical" smarty yet like all you geniuses, I am only a "basic" VERY BASIC type gurly
I am only familiar with basic stuff like the type of cars that have drives like, FF, RR 4WD etc. V8, V6, Inline-6 and it goes on
![]()
Anyways... yea I am a basic compared to all you smarties![]()
![]()