PXN V3 Pro steering wheel trouble

• Thread starter RamsMann
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
I just got a PXN V3 Pro for GT Sport on PS4. The wheel and buttons work fine to control both PS4 and GT menus but there is no (zero) steering response and the shift lever changes point of view rather than changing gears. Changing the steering sensitivity has no effect. Is any special mode setting needed or is my unit defective? Unlike the V900 this has no mode button. Or is this a compatibility issue? Thanks very much!

Last edited:
Or is this a compatibility issue?
This, most likely. Having looked it up I'd seriously doubt it has any chance of being compatible with GT Sport - and probably most PS4 games for that matter. It'll basically be regarded as a regular controller with no left stick.

This, most likely. Having looked it up I'd seriously doubt it has any chance of being compatible with GT Sport - and probably most PS4 games for that matter. It'll basically be regarded as a regular controller with no left stick.
Famine, thanks for your reply. You may be correct, however the PXN website specifically lists both PS4 and Gran Turismo series compatibility. In addition, there are YouTube videos showing the wheel (or a nearly identical one) being used for racing games on the PS4. It's puzzling. 😉

I have an update - it works!

Remapping the wheel and shift lever within GTS is the key:

Options -> Controllers -> Wireless Controller 1P (or 2P if connected to 2nd port) -> Assign steering wheel to Left Stick, assign shift lever forward to R1 and assign shift lever backward to L1.
Reassign View to the button of your choice.

I hope this helps.

I just got a PXN V3 Pro for GT Sport on PS4. The wheel and buttons work fine to control both PS4 and GT menus but there is no (zero) steering response and the shift lever changes point of view rather than changing gears. Changing the steering sensitivity has no effect. Is any special mode setting needed or is my unit defective? Unlike the V900 this has no mode button. Or is this a compatibility issue? Thanks very much!
I also can’t connect my pxn v3 pro to both ps4 and pc I have played several games in which it doesn’t work like gta5,crew 2,watch dogs 2, etc

Options -> Controllers -> Wireless Controller 1P (or 2P if connected to 2nd port) -> Assign steering wheel to Left Stick, assign shift lever forward to R1 and assign shift lever backward to L1.

I hope this helps.
how did you fix the pedals? it is not working for me

I hope this helps.
This worked for Crew 2 with the PXN V3Pro as well. Thank you!

Back