Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
Not sure if this has been answered but:

Will we have the ability to to adjust the camera view in a session? For example the new Assetto Corsa update and on F1 2016 I believe, you are in the pits and you can adjust the view to where ever you want on the car, not just FOV but position as well.

Can this be done on the car live, what I mean by this is you can adjust the camera view in Project cars in the settings but you can't actually see what the camera view will look till you go into a session.

You can set settings live on track if you have the controls mapped. It's recommended to have them set on a keyboard.

@IanBell @The_American

Are you adding more kart options? I know what's in the game is more along the lines of motorsport but what the common man has access to is a lot slower (but still feels fast). It would be nice to include those as a beginner class for karts.

I'm still holding out hope that IndyCar partnership pays dividends with more tracks. Iowa, Phoenix, Pocono and Gateway would be prime additions.
I can't find the post, but I know it has been said the Indycar license doesn't include tracks. :(

I can't find the post, but I know it has been said the Indycar license doesn't include tracks. :(
It would not include the tracks because IndyCar doesn't own the tracks. But that relationship could help grease the wheels.

An example of this is NASCAR and F1: neither owns any of the racetracks/circuits where they race, but all the tracks are included in their official games. Since there is no official IndyCar game, this could be the best shot track owners could get.

Especially given how popular IndyCar is all of the sudden, track owners could see some opportunity here. The better Alonso runs on Sunday, the better it will be for IndyCar's popularity around the globe.

Last edited:
SMI and ISC own the majority of the tracks. SMI and ISC both own 2 tracks each that are already confirmed to be in PCARS2. Maybe they could work a deal with them to get all

SMI owns

upload_2017-5-24_13-33-54.png

And ISC owns

• Daytona International Speedway® in Florida
  • Talladega Superspeedway® in Alabama
  • Michigan International Speedway® located outside Detroit
  • Richmond International Raceway® in Virginia
  • Auto Club Speedway of Southern CaliforniaSM, near Los Angeles
  • Kansas Speedway® in Kansas City, Kansas
  • Phoenix International Raceway® in Arizona
  • Chicagoland Speedway® near Chicago, Illinois
  • Route 66 RacewaySM, near Chicago, Illinois
  • Homestead-Miami SpeedwaySM, in Florida
  • Martinsville Speedway® in Virginia
  • Darlington Raceway® in South Carolina
  • Watkins Glen International® in New York.

Last edited:
Im confused i thought there was maybe 7 tracks not included in the indy roster in PC2, i'm not an indy fan ust only my ocd tendencies desire this.
St. Petersburg

Birmingham

Detroit

Iowa

Toronto

Mid-Ohio

Pocono

I would rather just have quality tracks though with custom championship rather than start chasing series.

You're correct for Indycar. I was just saying that since they have some tracks owned by both ISC and SMI that maybe they could work up a deal or something to get them all. That would cover majority of popular American ovals.

SMI and ISC own the majority of the tracks. SMI and ISC both own 2 tracks each that are already confirmed to be in PCARS2. Maybe they could work a deal with them to get all

View attachment 648940

And ISC owns

• Daytona International Speedway® in Florida
  • Talladega Superspeedway® in Alabama
  • Michigan International Speedway® located outside Detroit
  • Richmond International Raceway® in Virginia
  • Auto Club Speedway of Southern CaliforniaSM, near Los Angeles
  • Kansas Speedway® in Kansas City, Kansas
  • Phoenix International Raceway® in Arizona
  • Chicagoland Speedway® near Chicago, Illinois
  • Route 66 RacewaySM, near Chicago, Illinois
  • Homestead-Miami SpeedwaySM, in Florida
  • Martinsville Speedway® in Virginia
  • Darlington Raceway® in South Carolina
  • Watkins Glen International® in New York.
In fairness, we have had rumoured from both camps in terms of ovals already in terms of Bristol, Richmond, Charlotte and Dover.

The more tracks the better IMO. The game is 98% road courses. A few more ovals, regardless of where they are located, won't hurt.
Agreed. The Lausitzring and Rockingham would be prime examples of ovals that would be good for outside the US. Although as they're mainly in the US, it should be US centric.

Nah Stansted raceway for the win
In case you're wondering its pretty much a field with a fence around it

tbh i hope it doesn't become too US centric, just my opinion.
I think they mean loads of US tracks I'm general.
Only really followed Indy for last couple of years vs 28 years of f1 and btcc, but must admit the excitement has got the better of me, hoping for some all over the world action!

P.s. why are Australian tracks a no go?

New pics look good!

I think they mean loads of US tracks I'm general.
Only really followed Indy for last couple of years vs 28 years of f1 and btcc, but must admit the excitement has got the better of me, hoping for some all over the world action!

P.s. why are Australian tracks a no go?

New pics look good!

Agreed, need some more V8 Supercar tracks.

In fairness, we have had rumoured from both camps in terms of ovals already in terms of Bristol, Richmond, Charlotte and Dover.

Agreed. The Lausitzring and Rockingham would be prime examples of ovals that would be good for outside the US. Although as they're mainly in the US, it should be US centric.

Yep, I have seen Youtube vids of Bristol, Charlotte and Dover so you never know what they have planned.

I agree, I really like the "lesser known" tracks (at least from a racing game perspective) in PCARS1 like Zhuhai, Ruapuna, Brno, Rouen-Les-Essarts. But at the same time I also want the really "needed" tracks to be in the game as well (such as Le Mans, Spa, Nordschleife, Monza, ...). In that aspect I really welcome Indianapolis and Daytona even though I don't like ovals that much. I think the most "important" track we are now missing from American racing history is Sebring.

I'd personally love to see more tracks from the lesser popular continents and countries (from a racing game perspective) like southern America, Africa, Russia, Asia.

Go with that laser scanning drone on a safari please SMS! -)

Proper US tracks are fine (would love sebring/limerock/road atlanta etc.. to add to whats there already) - but I think ovals are snoozeville for the majority of players outside the US.

There will be some ovals and thats cool but better spend effort/time on stuff the majority want & will use.

It would be a missed opportunity imo for there to be 5 ovals no one has heard of outside the US when that could have been spent laser scanning Le Mans / adding custom championships etc...

@IanBell @The_American

I was wondering whether we'll get a lush, green version of Laguna Seca in pCARS 2 as one of the seasonal variants? It can look quite different in spring after prolonged rain to the normal dry lake dust bowl that most people know and love (and how it's been represented in most racing sims).

a1gp-laguna-seca-2006-mathias-lauda_zpsewktygqt.jpg

Just wanted to say as well that the dynamic lighting in pCARS still blows me away, especially at low sun angles. Having a 6am start at Laguna Seca with 10x time acceleration looks absolutely incredible. Most of the track is in shadow from the hill, then as the sun slowly rises small pockets of sunlight appear. It's incredibly atmospheric. Your lighting guys really did fantastic work in pCARS, and I can't wait to see what they come up with in pCARS 2, especially with the seasonal variations to the environments.
The lack of official response had me worried, but maybe Laguna Seca hasn't been officially announced yet?
That introduced a whole new set of worries. ;)

(There's now way LS is NOT in the game).

Latest Posts

Back