Q for Mods. Rubber-band grinding, etc.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kamdoon
  • 0 comments
  • 797 views

Kamdoon

Premium
Messages
231
United States
lakewood
Messages
Khamdoon
I'm sure most of you mods know of all the various glitches, etc., which people used in GT5 to amass credits which were not actually playing the game as it was "intended." I myself (for research purposes only, mind you) was amused by the "rubber-banding" of the controller and using the Vettal to continually race (and win) the 5-lapper at Indy.

The question is: heretofore the game was my own to do with as I pleased, and enjoy in practically any way I wish (yes, technically it is a license agreement); with the advent of real-world-currency-for-GT6-world-credits does earning 20c million while I sleep constitute theft? The reason I ask is that from your perspective as a mod I would think you could not permit discussions (or expositions) of these type glitches for obvious reasons.

With this addition to the GT series it seems to me that the inane threads where people argue passionately about the "purpose" of a video game and the ethics of "cheating" in a game played in solitude (I, like many others, do not race others online) seem more important.

I am curious about both your answer as moderator-cum-employee dispensing policy as well as your personal "philosophical" opinion about what sort of animal this crime would be if indeed a crime at all, and the greater implications to gaming society in general.

I would love to have each mod's perspective on this (at least the latter, I understand that there will be most likely a single policy to deal with the first question).

Thanks, by the way, for your work on this great site.

--K

If this belongs in a more general thread please feel free to move it. I put it here as it is a question, and it is about GT6.
 
Back