(Q) Online - how to set certain cars only?

• Thread starter Rash-182
  • 11 comments
Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Rash-182
Hi, since i hate pimped Clios on racing softs, I decided to make my own online room. I wanted to make only certain cars available (GT-R, NSX, Imprezza, Supra, Lancer, RX7..you know, like in the good old days) but i can´t seem to set it like this. I remember clearly in GT5, some rooms had maybe 4 JGTC cars to choose from (you didn´t have to own them) and you were good to go.

I thought i must own all the above mentioned cars to make them available to others, so i bought them all and still can´t seem to set the room. The best i can do is to set permissions to 5 makers, but then i loose the ability to set PP. If i try different way, and set one type only, then not only i can´t choose any of my cars, I sadly have to choose from about 20 borrowable cars.

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks

Its really bad that you cannot choose e.g GT3 race cars AND set rules for tyres, pp, tuning prohibited etc etc. We as a community should all get together and DEMAND what we as a community want for the ONLINE part of the game! We should be able to choose within pp regulations as tyre types as well as racing class, all in one session! I cant see this beeing impossible other then an easy fix.

Btw all though youre in the wrong forum as questions should be posted in Q/A section, this is a serious issue that we together should bring to the table of PD. Theres a thread about glitches all in one thread, we should do the same, in fact I bet I could get 10 peoples signature outside of GTP wanting better options when hosting online races. Enough signatures sent in one piece to them directly should do the kake!!

Best regards, o9Revo

Edit: This should probably be in the reviews/feedback threads and no, you havent overlooked a thing it is what it is.. For this one to get trough we need someone whos strong with words wich Im not!

Last edited:
It's a shame, the new filter features are essentially useless because if you select a manufacturer or certain category you then can't set the car restrictions(hp/pp/weight/tires). Quite an oversight and only 20 cars in the recommended garage doesn't help.

OP, unfortunately you cannot do what you wish with the current build of GT6.

If theres one thing that needs a fix (additional to glitches/bugz) this is it! With a propper online feature we can deal with the AI and "chase the rabbit" in careermode!

It's a shame, the new filter features are essentially useless because if you select a manufacturer or certain category you then can't set the car restrictions(hp/pp/weight/tires). Quite an oversight and only 20 cars in the recommended garage doesn't help.

OP, unfortunately you cannot do what you wish with the current build of GT6.
Yeah they really need that part to be multiple choice and also need a normal car option at least. Would be nice to have even more options there for stuff like Muscle Car, Roadster, Sedan, Hot Hatch and so on and then be able to also choose performance to be able to set drive train, weight, PP and whatever.

More options is always a good thing.

I would also like to see the option to turn collisions off

Yeah they really need that part to be multiple choice and also need a normal car option at least. Would be nice to have even more options there for stuff like Muscle Car, Roadster, Sedan, Hot Hatch and so on and then be able to also choose performance to be able to set drive train, weight, PP and whatever.

More options is always a good thing.

I would also like to see the option to turn collisions off

Option to turn collisions off has allways been there and Im sure you can choose that with the others. Though Im not sure if you mean like driving as ghosts and with a second thought Im sure thats whatvyou ment! Aint no option fot that no.

Edit: Im on a tablet wich makes myy spelling/typing really bad

Option to turn collisions off has allways been there and Im sure you can choose that with the others. Though Im not sure if you mean like driving as ghosts and with a second thought Im sure thats whatvyou ment! Aint no option fot that no.

There is no option to turn off collisions. You can turn off damage but if there is a way to turn off collisions I surely did not see it. They did add that as an option in GT5 at some point so maybe we will get it. It helps a lot if you get people coming in trying to drive backwards or using others for brakes and such as well as when you have someone with a bad connection and their car is jumping all over the place

There is no option to turn off collisions. You can turn off damage but if there is a way to turn off collisions I surely did not see it. They did add that as an option in GT5 at some point so maybe we will get it. It helps a lot if you get people coming in trying to drive backwards or using others for brakes and such as well as when you have someone with a bad connection and their car is jumping all over the place

Yeah, my bad I thought of damage lol, on topic guys for real lets make a greater threat with these issues in mind without demanding stuff thsts not there, lets make it simpl2. Im on a tablet so I wont start anything now so please feel free to get it started. Keep it simple, a request with how we want it (only with the options that exists, perharps a wishlist to with featuers to be added). PD, let us be able to choose all options across each other when hosting online rooms! Im not too good with words neither :)

There's plenty of simple ways of improving online features. I sure hope they give us more options in the form of a patch, soon.

Thanks for the reply guys. The best i did was to set according minimum weight and max PP and hoped for the best (my room is called "GTR,NSX,Supra,Lancr,Impreza,RX7") but sadly, nobody joined

OK8
There's plenty of simple ways of improving online features. I sure hope they give us more options in the form of a patch, soon.

Maybe they wont without our request, and this thread wont bring any attention to it unless you change threadtitle and maybe the original post! I will make a new thread if youre not interested once I get home, it will be to much for me with this (useless) tablet Im on now.

Back