QUALIFYING B4 A RACE - USING VARIOUS CARS FROM MY GARAGE. Q U E S T I O N?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GA 52
  • 6 comments
  • 816 views
Messages
555
Norway
Philippines
Good evening all - not complaining but trying to understand while driving different cars for racing purposes and when qualifying is up - then the system only keeps my fastest car I had in qualifying at earlier races. No wonder if I'm not able to get within 2 seconds on my previous best times - then I will be bumped off the track at the first 3 corners several times and lose my DR. - Any way to reset my previous qualifying records? I wish I could be able to do a race with equal drivers with equal qualifying lap times.
 
I don’t know about you but I have actually started qualifying in the fastest car possible then using a stable car for the race due to the heavy handed defence people use or the “cock end swipe” on the straights to knock you off track. In an Alfa 4c you stand no chance fending off a scirocco or Nissan GT-R
 
What’s B4 ??
 
My understanding of the quali system is that you're a placed in a group with your DR/SR ratings, so you're with people of equivalent apparent overall talent, then your qualifying time determines your start position within that group. So if I do 2 laps of quali in a car I've never driven, I'll still be in a fast group, but often at the bottom end of the grid, several seconds off the pace.

Isn't that how it works? Otherwise you could do a single poor quali lap and win every race against people who are genuinely slower.
 
I don’t know about you but I have actually started qualifying in the fastest car possible then using a stable car for the race due to the heavy handed defence people use or the “cock end swipe” on the straights to knock you off track. In an Alfa 4c you stand no chance fending off a scirocco or Nissan GT-R
I understand - yes and unfortunately there are too many ".cumbags" out "there".. I'm gonna start doing that as of today! Cheers.
 
My understanding of the quali system is that you're a placed in a group with your DR/SR ratings, so you're with people of equivalent apparent overall talent, then your qualifying time determines your start position within that group. So if I do 2 laps of quali in a car I've never driven, I'll still be in a fast group, but often at the bottom end of the grid, several seconds off the pace.

Isn't that how it works? Otherwise you could do a single poor quali lap and win every race against people who are genuinely slower.
Agree with you Factor41 - thanks!
 
Back