Qualifying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambolover
  • 13 comments
  • 1,521 views
Messages
288
Messages
Bigadz83
Has anyone seen any evidence for qualifying? If its a stupid question then lock it up but I for one used to enjoy the qualifying and I think they could elaborate on it further as well just so long as the AI are good enough!

I don't think its necessary for small races but for bigger events it should be.
 
Im sure there will be online comps that will require you to qualify
 
I hope there is, I don't want to have to start dead last in every single race, especially if there are 16 cars on the track.
 
Looking at the massive changes that are occurring with GT i hope they include it.
 
It's hard to be able to see any evidence, but I would deem it likely, especially given the increased in number of opponents on track.
 
If we do end up with 16 car fields, I believe it would be essential, particularly in a short (2-3 laps) race.
 
I hope there is a way to qualify. With 16 cars on the track, it'd be nice to not start last every race (Ahem... GT5P 👎:grumpy: )
 
Some of the races in GT4 eg. in Japanese Hall and Professional Hall give you an option to qualify for grid position and it's under free practice (button). So I don't doubt that GT5 will at least have something similar if not an improved version of this.
 
Should have the option to qualify for every race in my opinion. Or at least order it by car performance like in the online events.
 
The GT4 system is good enough for me. You ghet the option to practice and set a time. Your starting position is based on that time. Just expand it to all events and not only to championhips.
 
Ah, I remember the days of GT1 when you could throw a Mazda Demio around Autumn Ring Mini in a qualifying session just as often as you could fling a 750bhp supercar around Grand Valley in the same manner.

For me, qualifying would depend upon the AI. I was actually quite glad that qualifying was only in championships in GT4 because I found that it was very easy to win with the right car - even if it was as much as a 150pts. race. Qualifying is good for bragging rights, but it's a lot more fun to carve your way through the field.
 
Back