Qualifying

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 10 comments
  • 932 views
Messages
3,490
Messages
dabest2500
Like a lot of things that were in GT4, what happened to qualifying?
We don't always want to start in the middle or near the back you know :(
What if we had a fast car but it had slow acceleration?
It would be useful to place near the front to block the AI.
 
It would be useful to place near the front to block the AI.

Personally, I'd hate for my ability to win to rely on me slowing down everybody else.
 
I totally agree !!! I loved to do qualifying in GT4, then start from your hard earned 1st position into the race.
 
Personally, I'd hate for my ability to win to rely on me slowing down everybody else.

Thats what many F1 drivers do the whole season... :ouch:

I hate it too
 
Personally, I'd hate for my ability to win to rely on me slowing down everybody else.

Some people may give themselves an underpowered car on purpose to give themselves a challenge.
 
Hi All,

Just feel like adding my feelings to this topic.

First of all, Qualifying was always Optional in all the previous games. So if you don't like it, then don't use it. Its your own choice.

GT5 is suppose to be a Racing Simulator, some form of qualifying is ALWAYS present in racing. Whether it is drawing straws or setting up the best time. Give me an example of a Race where you are forced to start at the back all the time. Its Unbalanced and idiotic.

I know they put you at the back for the spectacle of overtaking, but that just turns this game into an Arcade Game which defeats the point of buying GT for the Simulation experience.

If you start at the back, it means you need to be quicker than the rest. So the only way to overcome this is to have DUMB AI that are scared of corners or having a quicker car than the rest. GT seems to have made room for Both.

I always try and get a slower car than the rest, I find no joy in taking a F1 car against people in Go Karts. There is no Skills involved and its a waste of time.

But now i'm left with a situation, where i'm in a Championship starting 7th in each race, and my Championship Rival gets to start 1ste or 2nd in a Quicker car.

Please someone explain to me how this is Fair in any Form of Motor Sport.

Personally that ruins the experience for me and drops the overall quality of the Game.

Thankfully Qualifying is a feature in Online Play, so I found myself only playing online with only 20% game completion.

Thats the way I feel about this situation, and believe me i've been an GT fan for ever. That is why my reaction is so strong.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistake twice and add this simple little feature next time

Chow chow
Zanviak
 
Considering the 5-year development this game is lacking many features.

Qualifying being one of them.
 
I was disappointed. It makes for an unfair race in many cases, since you need to make sure you can fight to the front, as opposed to qualify near the front and properly battle for first.
 
Some people may give themselves an underpowered car on purpose to give themselves a challenge.

That's what I do, but without qualifying its hard to tell if you taken off too much power for the race. Plus given how the AI attempts to kill me in turn 1 I'd like to start closer to the front. Just like in F1 a bad qually session puts you in the mid-pack mess from which you can't recover even with a faster car.
 
That's what I do, but without qualifying its hard to tell if you taken off too much power for the race. Plus given how the AI attempts to kill me in turn 1 I'd like to start closer to the front. Just like in F1 a bad qually session puts you in the mid-pack mess from which you can't recover even with a faster car.

👍 I like underdogs, too.
 
Back