quality vs. quantity

• Thread starter Ole
  • 8 comments

Ole

United States
Mpls MN
LRLR_BA_START
We have seen a few other developers recently take a forward approach to produce a product that maybe isn't as extensive as GT6 in the amount of cars or even tracks. However it seems they are striving for more finely perfected elements...

What is a better approach to a console simulator in PD's mind?? Gt6 is a fine blend... but to be competitive in the future - do you see that direction being competing with quantity of features or quality of product? and to make it fun - lets say you have to pick just one :)

Ole
We have seen a few other developers recently take a forward approach to produce a product that maybe isn't as extensive as GT6 in the amount of cars or even tracks. However it seems they are striving for more finely perfected elements...

What is a better approach to a console simulator in PD's mind?? Gt6 is a fine blend... but to be competitive in the future - do you see that direction being competing with quantity of features or quality of product? and to make it fun - lets say you have to pick just one :)

👍 I totally agree, in my opinion we don't need 1200 cars, it would be better with 50 Premium cars or less.

:) I have never driven 400 cars (max 10 cars) in any racing games, and i will never do ;)
By that logic we can't have all 400 of our premium cars because you won't drive them all, that's silly.

My take on this is to look at Minecraft. Horribly lousy graphics, wide open game. I can live with the Standard cars, because it adds variety. What I want is variety in game. Look at GT1-4. Now THAT is variety!

Back