Quantum Leap

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 12 comments
  • 605 views
Messages
10,687
United States
Everywhere
I found no threads on the topic.

I heard my room mate watching QL in the other room, so I checked on Amazon for a DVD set. It's out! Amazon has 2 seasons, they linked to a site with pictures for four that claims to be all five (??). Sounds pretty cool to me. Maybe now that I have all seven seasons of ST:TNG I'll go after one of my other childhood favorites.

Any other Quantum Leap fans?
 
I'm not a fan as such. I did watch it though.
 
I watched it a couple of times, it made me think about the whole mind/body paradox, and time-travel as a teenager, though. I recall he once went to the future, where everyone drove a riced-out Ford Probe!

Basic premise was a guy who would travel back and forth into time (almost never the future, though) and inhabit another person's body to solve a crime, prevent an action, deal with consequences of "being in someone else's shoes" etc.

Funny thing was, I never saw the "last episode" until about three years ago.
 
It was a solidly good show, but I can't say I'd ever watch the DVDs. My wife and I still talk about "doing the Triple" in that bad Bulgarian accent. Remember that episode?
 
neon_duke
It was a solidly good show, but I can't say I'd ever watch the DVDs. My wife and I still talk about "doing the Triple" in that bad Bulgarian accent. Remember that episode?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Guess I should buy the DVDs (:
 
truly awesome show back when I was like 10... I haven't seen it in such a long time... I should consider the dvds :)
 
Oh Boy!

Not a hardcore fan but it was towards the top of my list of things to watch when it was in it's prime. I like the one where Al and Sam switched places. Good stuff.
 
I have the 1st season set. I've watched only 4,5 episodes, but it's a pretty nice set for the price. I've paid the about the same amount of money for the "Northern Exposure"(my favorite show of all time) season 1, but has only handful of episodes, it's a rip off. The Magnum P.I. Season 1, I think is the best TV Series set out right now.
 
a6m5
I have the 1st season set. I've watched only 4,5 episodes, but it's a pretty nice set for the price. I've paid the about the same amount of money for the "Northern Exposure"(my favorite show of all time) season 1, but has only handful of episodes, it's a rip off. The Magnum P.I. Season 1, I think is the best TV Series set out right now.

NORTHERN EXPOSURE!!! You're telling me the DVD set isn't any good? That's a shame - I was looking forward to picking that one up.
 
I was a big fan until one day it was axed, and my life was never the same again. Can't be bothered to get the DVDs though, I don't think the show will have the same impact as it had 10 or so years ago.
 
I like the edisode when he met Michael Jackson in a mens bathroom. He taught him the moon dance. He also used nitrous oxide to win a drag race he somehow got mixed up in. I believe it was a 55 Chevy Nomad he was driving. I think all this happened in the same episode.
 
LoudMusic
NORTHERN EXPOSURE!!! You're telling me the DVD set isn't any good? That's a shame - I was looking forward to picking that one up.

Northern Exposure set has eight episodes on two double sided DVDs, which comes in regular DVD cases. I didn't think it was great for the price, but I just checked the Quantum Leap set, and it has only nine episodes(3DVDS). This one comes in nice folding case though. For the same price as those two, Magnum P.I.(unlike GT4, this has a ferrari in it) has 18 episodes! + 4 bonus episodes! on four double sided DVDs. They are all released by Universal.

If you are fan of the Northern Exposure, I still recommend picking up the set. Episodes are still great!
 
Solid Lifters
He also used nitrous oxide to win a drag race he somehow got mixed up in.

I remeber that episode! It was so many years ago, I wonder which season that episode played in.
 
Back