Quarantine

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 4 comments
  • 604 views

McLaren

Premium
Messages
46,773
United States
Texas
Quarantineposter.jpg

Quarantine is a new movie coming out, and is a direct remake of a movie called Rec. The movie consists of a news crew spending a night with a Fire Station that gets called to an apartment building to find out what's wrong with a resident. The resident goes nuts and when everyone attempts to escape, they are instead, sealed off inside the building and not given any information.

It seems like a great movie except the trailer & the poster give some vital information away. And judging by the trailer, it looks like it's going to be shot like Cloverfield was, only instead, it'll be shakier, and in an extremely dark surrounding...for probably an hour and a half. 👎

I have only one beef with this movie. Cloverfield, some how, pulled off the shaky camera despite many people feeling sick. This movie, looks like it was remade to ride the same effect with a first-person-like view & a story involving no story as to what's going on besides trying to escape some pyscho creature...which is exactly what Cloverfield practically was.

I'll wait, though, and see if there's something that really sets it apart from Cloverfield.
 
The original Spanish version, Rec. was shown at my local cineam for a short while and I went to go see it one night and have to say was really impressed. It's a great film and the whole personal camera shoot style worked really well, better in some ways I think than Cloverfield. If anyone gets a chance to see it I highly recommend 👍 Hopefuly they will do a good job of this remade version.
 
250px-Quarantine_(Red_Dwarf).jpg

Now that would be an hour and a half worth watching.
 
Cloverfield, some how, pulled off the shaky camera despite many people feeling sick.
I don't think it managed it. All Cloverfield's camera work managed to achieve (other than stimulating my upchuck reflex) was to hide the fact that the action in the film was pretty boring. Otherwise, this just sounds like a Cloverfield clone, and since I think that film is one of the worst ever made, it doesn't bode well for this.
 
I saw the trailer for the movie a few months back on AICN, and while I certainly think it is a very interesting concept... In reality, I think its going to come off like yet another gimmicky horror movie. I mean, lets be honest, the new George Romero movie that was like this didn't do too well. I don't think this one will either.
 
Back