Question about "All Cars Permitted" Races

  • Thread starter Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 10 comments
  • 714 views
Messages
897
Hey guys,

I don't know if that been covered before but I made a search and didn't find the information I wanted to know.

Um anyway, I was wondering something. When you choose a race that is "All Cars Permitted", the IA will choose cars that are in the same category of your car or it'll just put some Minolta cars ?? Let me give an example of what I mean. Let say I have a Class A car, like a Skyline of about 400 HP and choose are "All Cars Permitted" race. Does the IA will put Class A cars of about 400HP less or more, or will it put LM cars because it's a free for all race ???

I don't know if I'm clear with that explanation, but that's the best I can do lol


Thanks d00dz :)
 
Okay, in arcade, yes - it would give you cars within your range. But I assume your talking about Gran Turismo Mode, where when you enter a race, some will say "All Cars Permitted". In most cases, it's the AI's way of respectfully saying "your Fiat 500R won't beat my Class C Nissan R92CP, so forget about it". However, in races such as the Polophony Digital Race, all cars are permitted, but there is a Sports Tire Restriction. All cars ARE permitted, but when you enter you see cars like Corvette Grand Sports, Vipers, etc. Usually I put sports tires on my Audi R8 or something of the like:D
But to answer your question - No, it doesn't always mean that there is going to be Minoltas. But in most cases, if not almost all, you'll find it does mean that. But hey, where there's a will, there's a way, and even a Fiat 500R has the ability to crush a Minolta with its bare, uhhh, hands(so to speak).
 
Depends on what race. If you enter the Ckubman Cup with a Mazda 787B, all cars will not be the same class. They will be Civics, Toyotas, etc... Same it is Vice-Versa.
 
Well, I was wondering because I want to do Grand Valley 200km with a factory car with some parts.
 
MugenVTEC
Well, I was wondering because I want to do Grand Valley 200km with a factory car with some parts.

It has Class A cars? Try using like a GT40 or an sLR. Those are good options.
 
ImprezaAddict
It has Class A cars? Try using like a GT40 or an sLR. Those are good options.

I don't know what car I'm gonna use yet, I just wanted to know if by using a certain type of car, I would have a fair fight against the AI.

No GT40 or sLR, I don't have them and don't like them :)
 
OK, but then use a Skyline, Supra, anything that can go fast
 
MugenVTEC
I don't know what car I'm gonna use yet, I just wanted to know if by using a certain type of car, I would have a fair fight against the AI.

No GT40 or sLR, I don't have them and don't like them :)

You really don't stand much of a chance in a light-modified production car. A much easier (and you can pick up some $$$ at the same time) is do the Japan Championship and get the 350Z LM Concept Race Car. Very good car for enduros and long championships. Really quick in the corners too.👍
 
Well, I'm gonna give it a try with a production car. This could be such a nice challenge, and some writing material too :)
 
Just one more point that seems not to have been mentioned - in almost every race the AI will only select from up to about 20 cars (a few races have more than this). No matter how many times you enter you will only be competing against 5 of those cars.

Sometimes the range is closely matched and sometimes not.
 
Back